Ruby Princess San Pedro post cruise excursions pre-flight

aimhigh

HI

We are sailing on Ruby in March for a 7 day Californian Coastal Cruise out of San Pedro and I wondered if anyone who has sailed this itinerary recalls whether Princess run any tours through Los Angeles after disembarkation that end at LAX?

Our flight leaves late afternoon so we have lots of time.

Thanks!

There is one tour listed on the Princess web site: Debark (sic) Tour: Long Beach On Your Own

http://www.princess.com/excursion/exDetails.do?t=M&exType=S&tourCode=LAX-965

Ends at LAX for flights departing after 3 PM.

I gather it is not listed as available in your cruise personalizer, which is typical: usually Princess does not decide whether or not to offer disembarkation day tours until after embarkation. Just keep inquiring at the tour desk after your board--and be sure you have entered your flight times in the cruise personalizer so they know you are eligible.

Another idea that may or not work for you.

We were in the same situation last Saturday and did not need to be at the airport until 4'ish.

We had stayed one night precruise at the Crown Plaza in San Pedro so they were kind enough to store our luggage after we got off the ship for several hours. After the cruise we just hopped on their shuttle to the hotel (around 9:30 am when shuttles start arriving with departing passengers) stored our bags, and started exploring.

It was an easy and enjoyable walk down to the port area. The Midway is right there, as well as a stop for the free red trolley shuttle that does a circle route of downtown San Pedro, a large craft market and brewery (had a great lunch from the food trucks parked there), Ports of Call, and back to the midway. You can hop off at any of the stops to explore and hop on again when the next one comes, about every half hour.

First time we stopped to explore the area and much better than sitting in the airport for hours.

We then took our prearranged Prime Time Shuttle to the airport that afternoon.

Hi

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions!

I think our challenge will be where to store luggage because we are staying in the Hotel Maya for a couple of days pre-cruise.

@Fishywood - Thank you for the link. Shame the tour goes right back to Long beach (where we will have explored pre-cruise) I will ask my wife if this is acceptable to her.

@Bigenna - This would be my ideal solution (explore, lunch then transport to LAX) But where to store the luggage!

@Red3lisa - I would like to explore the USA Iowa!

Thanks again

We got off the Ruby, Jan. 28th. SunSeeker Tours picked us up at the port at 9:00am gave us a day long tour of LA and dropped us at LAX at 3:45 Our luggage was secured in the van we used. Excellent day for us. $99 per person. They were very easy to book and it was perfect for us as it is a small group tour. There were only 7 in our van. Highly recommend for folks with a day to spend before their flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I got off the Ruby Princess Feb 4 at San Pedro. I had pre booked the Princess excursion Long Beach on your own and the excursion ticket was in my mail slot when I boarded. We met at the theatre at 8:30 and had a very quick disembarkation. All the luggage was loaded on a bus, we were driven to the Long Beach Aquarium and dropped off, our luggage remained on the bus. There is a free hop on hop off bus there and a large mall right across the street. At 12:15 the bus (which had parked off site) returned and picked us up and drove to the airport.

Very smooth and worked well

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aim high, where is Hotel Maya? If it is in San Pedro or Long Beac, ask them if they would store your luggage for the day post cruise.

The Crown Plaza had no problem doing that for us.

Hotel Maya is in Long Beach. from what I remember, the Aquarium of the Pacific will store your luggage at their front desk (might be worth emailing them ahead of time to ask). It is a fascinating place to tour. You can get your hand stamped and then jump on the free shuttle bus that will take you to other waterfront attractions like Shoreline Village (some restaurants are there), Queen Mary, etc., and then return, call for a taxi and get to the airport.