Is there a Cruise Tour FROM Vancouver that ends there too?

Cinderellie

My husband and I want to do a cruise and land tour out of Vancouver (actually, we will have free round trip tickets to Seattle, then take the train to Vancouver.)

We would like to do a cruise that goes through Glacier Bay, and a land tour that sees wildlife and beautiful views (not so much history buffs) in June 2018. Only a balcony will do.

I see that Princess, NCL and Holland America have cruises that go into Glacier Bay.

Is there an itinerary that will give us Glacier Bay and then a great land tour experience, where we would end up back in Vancouver?

All advice is welcome.

You will only consider a cruise ship land tour?? It would be simple to arrange.

You would just take 2 different cruises, with a mainland touring in between. There will be independent transits involved- which you must be agreeable to. I'd suggest you need to allow at least 3 weeks for this. You can arrange this independently as well, several tour companies, or the best use of your time in Alaska would be with a rental car/RV, as you go to where YOU want to go and most significant- offers the freedom for far more than any tour will.

Do you already know where you want to go and what activities/touring you want to include? You are best to start there as it narrows down the options.

Holland America has a 20 day round trip Vancouver that takes you to Whitehorse and Dawson City in the Yukon (2 nights in each location) Fairbanks (2 nights) Denali (3 nights) Anchorage (2 nights) includes the train between Denali and Anchorage and also Anchorage to Seward. Several excursions are included including river boat experiences in Dawson and Fairbanks and the TWT in Denali. There is ample time to enjoy your own experiences in each location. You either begin with the cruise or end with the cruise. The cruise includes the standard Ketchikan, Juneau, Glacier Bay, and either Skagway or Haines.

We have previously taken the shorter version of this itinerary and in June we will be doing the Y1L...land first beginning with an overnight in Vancouver, then flying with our group to Whitehorse....the cruise will take us back to Vancouver.

Check it out on HAL's website.

Wow... 20 days! 14 would be stretching it. We still both work! We will have to find another solution. Thanks for your suggestions, though!

Then just fly one way Seattle/Anchorage. look at Alaska Air, JetBlue etc.

Yes, I would think purchasing a one way ticket back to Vancouver or Seattle is the way to go. It seams like a Vancouver to Vancouver 7 day cruise would miss a lot as compared to the one way cruises.

I don't find round trip Vancouver cruises "missing a lot". It's loaded with scenic sailing. And in my opinion, you 'miss a lot", if you go to mainland Alaska and leave. :)

With 14-days being a limiting factor - I doubt it.

It sounds like you would want a cruise tour + a 1 way 7-night cruise (if not the 20-night package) which would be 7-nights Northbound from Vancouver to Seward or Whittier + several nights on land depending on your tour. Most fly home from Anchorage or Fairbanks at this point, but you want to end in Vancouver, so that would be a southbound 7-night cruise back to Vancouver.

With the 14-night limitation HAL has a round trip out of Seattle that visits rare ports. (It does not however have a land portion - it is a 14-night cruise.)