Is the photo package worth the $$?

SweetieinVT

It's running $200 on the site you provided for Reflection sail date of 2/18. Hmm..I wonder if that will drop. I'll watch it over the next 2 weeks and make a decision 48 hours before. Thanks for the tip!

You might want to call and see what the deadline us. I have a feeling that they may stop selling online more than 48 hrs., but am not sure.

Mike

Just off Eclipse last month.

Liked a few photos and wanted to buy...but wanted the jpeg on a disk to use for shutterfly, photo frame etc....

Won't sell you CD with the jpegs unless you buy a package. Not even for a fee.

Really X....come on give people what they want and offer the file with the photo. For $25 per photo you can be a sport.

We bought nothing.

DW used to INSIST on buying that welcome aboard photo....so we have a few on the walls and too many in a drawer somewhere...Most are pretty bad. I find the ship's photographers to be pretty annoying with their demands that we pose so I guess I am a crumudgeon...oh, I also worked as a photographer for 47 years before retiring so I know that there is a nicer way of dealing with people and making pictures.

When the kids were little (many years ago now) we used to buy at least one family photo plus pictures of the kids on each cruise. DH and I simply don't photograph well so now that we cruise without the kids we don't buy the photos anymore given the prices.

Having said that, on our Dec Silhouette cruise we had over $1000 of OBC (most of which was non-refundable) and stayed in a royal suite so there weren't as many things to spend on. We stuck our heads into the Studio to ask a question and ended up sitting for a photo shoot. I have to say the photographer was really talented and there were actually some nice pictures! Very expensive to purchase a flash drive with 7 shots BUT now we have nice pictures commemorating DH's milestone birthday that aren't "cruise pictures". They are black and white pictures that I had printed at CVS, put them in frames I bought from Target and now they sit in our offices and at home. And we get compliments on them :)

In MY opinion, there is nothing extra on a ship (photos, drinks, wine, spa, specialty restaurants) that are "worth the money". Most people would not seek out these things at home and pay this much for them. BUT, you are on a ship on vacation, which changes the value of the experience. The real question is how much money can you afford to spend on these things and not regret it after the cruise has ended and you are back home looking at the bill?

During our Infinity cruise, 8x10 pictures were around $25-$30. I think they are priced to steer you towards buying the unlimited photo package! My wife wanted to get it for this cruise because it meant getting photos of the entire family on this Christmas cruise. So with the 20% Captains Club discount, we went ahead and bought the unlimited photo package for our 15 night cruise.

In general your guaranteed photo opportunities are:

1. Embarkation

2. At ports when you first get off the ship, they have 1 or 2 stations set up at the pier with a prop or a crew member in costume (dolphin, pirate, etc). If the port is a tender port, they often had something set up where the tender drops you off.

3. At-sea evenings there are usually 4 or more stations with different backdrops that you can have your picture taken at.

4. The photographers usually go around the main dining room taking pictures at each table on many evenings, esp formal nights (evening chic, whatever).

Is it possible to get the Captain Club discount pre Cruise on the company website ?

In MY opinion, there is nothing extra on a ship (photos, drinks, wine, spa, specialty restaurants) that are "worth the money". Most people would not seek out these things at home and pay this much for them. BUT, you are on a ship on vacation, which changes the value of the experience. The real question is how much money can you afford to spend on these things and not regret it after the cruise has ended and you are back home looking at the bill?

Bingo! Great point. We're using our Samsung cameras.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app