The only availability in the class I want is handicap

merlot101

Has anyone been kicked out of a handicap stateroom that isn't handicapped? I don't want to pay for a room then get kicked out because someone needs that room. This is for a suite and there are no other suites available for my trip.

Has anyone been kicked out of a handicap stateroom that isn't handicapped? I don't want to pay for a room then get kicked out because someone needs that room. This is for a suite and there are no other suites available for my trip.

Maybe another suite will open up close to or after the final payment date so you won't have to worry about it.

When we needed and requested to book one, we filled out and submitted the Special Needs Form explaining the reasons for needing it.

But if an able-bodied person books a guarantee and the cruise line assigns you an available accessible suite, then that is an entirely different situation.

The Celebrity policy states:

Accessible Staterooms

Our accessible staterooms are designed with wider doors, roll-in showers, grab bars and other special features for guests with mobility disabilities and other disabilities that require the use of the accessible features of that stateroom.

Accessible staterooms are held for people with disabilities until all other non-accessible staterooms in that category are reserved. Upon reserving an accessible stateroom, we require our guests acknowledge the need for the accessible stateroom by completing a Guest Special Needs Form.

If a guest is booked in an accessible stateroom and they do not have a mobility disability or other disability that requires the use of the features that are provided in the accessible stateroom, they may be moved at any time to a non-accessible stateroom in order to accommodate a guest with a disability.

Please note we investigate and take action on potential misuse of accessible staterooms where there is good cause to believe that such staterooms have been booked fraudulently.

For additional information, contact our Access Department at 1-866-592-7225 (voice), send an email to special_needs@celebrity.com, or have your local travel agent or International Representative contact us.

Edited by varoo

Since all other suites are already sold, and all that is left is the accessible, it is open for you to book it. Later, IF a person request the accessible room and IF another suite has opened up, then yes you might be asked to move. But when is the cruise? If all the suites are sold out, perhaps it's coming up soon and this isn't likely to occur.