Celebrity classic wine package

Iglio

Hi Everyone,

We are of on a 14 night cruise to Vietnam and Phillipines 6 Port stops along the way.

I would like to ask everyones thougths about the Standard Wine and Beer package $60.00Australian PP $120.00 per day $1680.00

has anyone had it and is it enough for a Beer drinker and a lady who likes a glass of vino, champagne not heavy drinkers but enjoys a glass on vacation and Possibly a Gin and Tonic and a coffee or Tea.

If we upgrade to the Classic it brings it up to $74.00 Aust each $2048.00 overall. Rather expensive.

Whats your thoughts Pay as we Drink or buy a package?

Marg and Lou

Here is a link to Celebrity's description of the Classic and Premium Packages - unfortunately does not include anything about their included wines - however if you enjoy inexpensive (12 to 18 USD per bottle in a typical grocery store) wines, the Classic should satisfy your wine needs.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Larry

If I am not mistaking, you are referring to the Standard Package and not the Classic Package, right? Only beer and wine is available on this package and it would cost you quite a bit to upgrade to the Classic Package?? Do I have this right?

Anyhow, I think the standard package doesn't provide any mixed cocktails so you would have to pay for these out of pocket. Specialty coffee and tea would also incur a charge. Depending on how many mixed drinks or specialty coffee drinks you will order per day, you might be better off not upgrading. The beer and wine will only include your basic types ... nothing spectacular. But, you could try it out and if you find that it is beneficial for you to upgrade onboard, you can always take care of that without issue. You can even upgrade a few to several days into the cruise and they prorate the charge for the days left on the cruise.

Here is my "RUFF" run down of a day with a drink pkg on another thread

For us at least, the package was not just about bar drinks. It was everything else that the pkg includes.

A speciality coffee each on the balcony while the wifester is putting on her face, $5 ea.

Evian or San Pellegrino with fresh squeezed juice with that second coffee at breakfast, $15 ea.

Grab a bottle water on the way to stake out a deck chair, $4 ea.

$24 each before any mind altering liquid is consumed.A beer or the drink of the day by the pool, $6 ea

Then off to lunch, maybe a soda, or another San Pellegrino $5 eaThe sun is hot hot hot! A cold beer or drink of the day is in order, $6 ea

The burger at the Mast Grill is calling our names, it does not go down with out some liquid assistance, $5 ea, then it is time to meet friends to watch the sun set from the Sunset Bar, $6 ea. Afternoon total $28.

And the evening fun has yet to begin.

San Pellegrino and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and another speciality coffee with desert, $26 ea

Now it is time for some mind altering sampling to happen, or not A cocktail with friends at one of the watering holes on ship $7 ea, or 2 if we are letting our hair down!

One more bottle water on the way back to the cabin just in case we get thirsty during the night, $4. Evening total, $44.Morning, $24, day, $28, evening $44, total $96.00 each using the low end of the cost scale and not much mind altering substance.

Some evening's we will grab another coffee ( or worse) and go and sit on deck 5 to unwind, listen to the swoosh of the waves gently breaking down the side of the ship before heading to the cabin.

Depends on how you make use of the package.

We have upgraded to the Premium on our last 2 cruises. Our friends stayed with the Classic and were fine. I like the Craft beer selection, the wine the wifester drank last yr was $14.00 a glass x 3 @ dinner = $42.00 without a pkg every dinner.

Not sure of the wines offered on the "standard" package. We are familiar with classic and premium.

With any decision work on the numbers. We personally don't drink a whole lot, so a drink package isn't smart for us...unless it's an added perk.;)

Hi Wallie5446,

Thanks you for your reply, I suppose we may as well enjoy ourselves and a good glass is the way to go

I think we will go for the Classic package my husband enjoys his beer and there is a fair selection.

Hi Wallie5446,

Thanks you for your reply, I suppose we may as well enjoy ourselves and a good glass is the way to go

I think we will go for the Classic package my husband enjoys his beer and there is a fair selection.

Your most Welcome!

You will get all kinds of responses from don't drink enough to my run down. You just have to put a pencil to it and see what works best for your vacation to be special.

I have booked 3 cabins on Celebrity Solstice next January for my family. There are 4 adults and to teenagers. At the time of booking we had to put 1 adult and 1 teenager in 2 of the cabins and my wife and I in the other, as they would not accept the booking with the parents in 1 cabin and the teenagers next door.

Does anyone know if after embarkation you can have key cards changed so parents can sleep together and the kids next door in the twin beds.?

• 2 weeks later...
I have booked 3 cabins on Celebrity Solstice next January for my family. There are 4 adults and to teenagers. At the time of booking we had to put 1 adult and 1 teenager in 2 of the cabins and my wife and I in the other, as they would not accept the booking with the parents in 1 cabin and the teenagers next door.

Does anyone know if after embarkation you can have key cards changed so parents can sleep together and the kids next door in the twin beds.?

Ken

Been caught the same way on a number of cruises with different companies. Always been able to get spare key cards so that everyone can get to where they needed to be ! Don't recall any particular issues in achieving the desired configuration. Hope you get sorted. Kieran

I have been happy with the classic drink/wine package and I'm a bit of cheap wine snob, thinking life is too short to drink bad wine. X did change the rules slightly on our last cruise, raising the prices on some wines to over the limit by the glass a dollar. After befriending the sommelier, well sort of, he took care of us on most nights. However, the classic package wines are not great, but drinkable. PS the sommelier got a big tip.