Children on QM2

MawganTr

I've travelled on each of the Queens in the past but without my children. Having done a cruise (on Princess) last year with them they have now caught the cruise bug. I know that there are children's clubs but what are they like? We are keen to return to Cunard this year but don't want to spoil the childrens' holiday. (Both boys that will be 15&12).

I'd be keen to hear experiences of the clubs to help us decide whether to take the plunge! Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there, have only done one transatlantic with Cunard, so probably not the best to give advice! But just wanted to say that on our crossing we didn't notice any kids at all!! I am sure there must have been a few somewhere, but it certainly wasn't like cruises we have done with Royal Caribbean etc where they were full of families. Our 17 year old even struggled to find any teenagers her own age. She did one day go to the teen club to have a look and see if anyone there but there was no one (she did check the program before going)!!!! We loved our Cunard holiday but if considering activities and kids clubs for your boys, it may not be what you are looking for.

Hi there, have only done one transatlantic with Cunard, so probably not the best to give advice! But just wanted to say that on our crossing we didn't notice any kids at all!! I am sure there must have been a few somewhere, but it certainly wasn't like cruises we have done with Royal Caribbean etc where they were full of families. Our 17 year old even struggled to find any teenagers her own age. She did one day go to the teen club to have a look and see if anyone there but there was no one (she did check the program before going)!!!! We loved our Cunard holiday but if considering activities and kids clubs for your boys, it may not be what you are looking for.

Thank you, I think you could be right. I'll save QM2 for a grown ups holiday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to state the obvious...

The age of the passengers varies, depending on the itinerary and time of year. For example, not many kids on the Fall cruises to Canada, and not too many much older passengers on Caribbean voyages. Lots of different age groups on the Holiday cruises...

But just from my own perspective, if my parents had the resources to take me and my siblings on a Cunard cruise, I'd certainly wouldn't have complained :)

The children's clubs on Cunard are good but the number of children participating varies enormously. You have got to think; "is the cruise within the school holidays?", if so there will be quite a few on board. Pre-schooler age will be different Last time we went daughter came back from club saying it was full of "youths" and she did not stay. Her age group was well under-represented, but it was half-term and a world cruise sector. Queen Mary Transatlantic there were quite a few children on board in August.

Regards John

My daughter has been traveling on Cunard since she was 18months and is now almost 9. She loves the kids club. We took her on a Disney cruise once and she didn't like it as much as Cunard. The amount of kids who participate in the club varies and I think as they get older they don't go as much. The least amount of kids we saw was 7. That was on a Hawaiian cruise. The transatlantics always have a fair amount.