Boatyard....too crowded to enjoy??

Pier290

It depends... The place, with its activities and amenities would be great for the kids but the extent of how crowded it could get depends on the ship you're sailing on and how many other ships are in port that day. One of the bigger ships could make for a crowded day while two or more ships (port can handle up to 6) will almost guarantee a crowd. The beach has other places like Lobster Alive, Harbour Lights, etc that sometimes thin out the crowds. For example, I've been to the Boatyard twice on the Carnival Fascination and Carnival Liberty. When on the Liberty, it being a larger ship, the crowd was noticeably larger than when I was on the Fascination. But it was over crowded at all.

How many ships are in port the day you are there? We never found it crowded the day we were there (we only had 1 ship). However, I would like to say that I found this beach club to be nice with the placement of the chairs. It's not like a lot of other beach clubs in the Caribbean where you will go and the chairs are lined up and down in front of the beach and side by side to the point that sometimes you can't even walk between them. They were all spread out with plenty of room between you and the next person. It felt very "private" to us. I'm not sure if it's normally like that or not. We had a GREAT day there. Check out my review in my signature line for tons of pictures and how we spent the day there (we have an 8 year old). :)