Check your fare

Cushing985

So like I said, some other fare (like a guarantee) that doesn't allow price protection... (not sure how I was not correct but thanks for adding the detail of the guarantee fare).

Actually just asked my ex-wife about this. When we were on the Dream a few years back we had Early Saver. After the early saver period was over there was a sale (like a Spring Special or something). We got the lower price but our fare changed to "Spring Special" and Early Saver was gone. Then there was another small price drop and we could not take advantage as we no longer had early saver. Maybe this policy has changed because it was a few years ago.

We just today matched to a Senior Offer that allows us to choose our room. Our invoice has 2 code numbers. The first one states that someone has to be a senior (age 55 or higher) and the second one says we are Early Saver. So even though we matched to something other than Early Saver we are still Early Saver since it wasn't a guarantee. It certainly wouldn't be worth booking Early Saver if they switched to the fare you matched to and took away your price matching ability. That would mean you could only do a price match once. You have to watch out for the people doing the price matches as sometimes I don't think they know what they are doing.

This is not correct. You are only not able to match later if you switch to a rate that is a guarantee. If the rate allows you to choose your room you are not switched to the new fare you are just matching it. You will remain Early Saver and be eligible for future drops.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We just today matched to a Senior Offer that allows us to choose our room. Our invoice has 2 code numbers. The first one states that someone has to be a senior (age 55 or higher) and the second one says we are Early Saver. So even though we matched to something other than Early Saver we are still Early Saver since it wasn't a guarantee. It certainly wouldn't be worth booking Early Saver if they switched to the fare you matched to and took away your price matching ability. That would mean you could only do a price match once. You have to watch out for the people doing the price matches as sometimes I don't think they know what they are doing.

Sounds like they fixed the issue then. That's really good. I do remember my ex fighting with them about it a bit and perhaps some threads mentioning it.