Shareholder benefit rant

Nanner

I will be applying for CCL credit for the first time in a few months. I notice that a couple of you recommend on line fax websites for those who do not have fax at home. That would interest me. Is there one web site that you could recommend that is particularly user friendly?

This is the first time I had any problem with the shareholder OBC, which is why I was so put off by the hassle. I think part of it was the HAL office move, but still...

Today I received email notification that the credit was posted, and it shows on our reservation.

I was also informed the NEW fax number for World Cruise reservations is 206- 270-6080. (as noted above) You might want to write that down, in case you need it before they change the web pages.

Thank you Nancy for posting that you were able to get confirmation of your benefit. And for the new phone number.

To those who have had their issues with this great benefit: I hope you develop a process that works for you. There is overwhelming evidence stated here that the process can and does work successfully, and can be sent and accepted either directly or through a TA or through a PCC, by Fax or by mail.

We all have managed to do this successfully and I have never heard of anyone being denied until today so this is most abnormal.

Cruiserzoid: You are entitled to express your frustration and state your experiences, which I believe have happened to you, but you are not to entitled to slander the company or others here. Telling people here who are trying to be understanding and helpful that they need to take a reading comprehension course or look up scam in a dictionary is uncalled for.

I'm sorry for your negative experiences. And also that all the helpful people on this forum have had to be exposed to your insults.

m--

Thank you for the new FAX number. I just tried this afternoon to FAX my info to the World Cruise Desk. After numerous tries, when it rang busy, I tried the Customer Relations desk and waited, and waited. Then I came home and tried to go on-line with HAL, but the site wouldn't open. Now I understand why. I'll try tomorrow with the new FAX number. I've never had a problem before. I'm sure this wrinkle will smooth itself out.

I will be applying for CCL credit for the first time in a few months. I notice that a couple of you recommend on line fax websites for those who do not have fax at home. That would interest me. Is there one web site that you could recommend that is particularly user friendly?

I used fax zero. You have to scan the document, then you write your cover letter on their site just as if it's an email and attach the document. They email a confirmation to let you know if the fax was successful or if it failed (they try 5 times)

How nice of HAL to inform potential cruiser Shareholders of this change!:o:rolleyes:;):(:(

They knew they were moving. It was not an earthquake or cyclone that forced them to suddenly move. An honest company with no intentions of running a scam would have informed individuals so they could submit their request for credit easily.

SHAME ON HAL !!

No, SHAME ON YOU, for constantly maligning HAL.. Obviously you don't understand how the Carnival Shareholder discount even works..

We own Carnival stock, not HAL stock..How would HAL know which of the Thousands of Carnival shareholders were potential HAL cruisers? HAL has no way of knowing the names of Carnival shareholders..

Obviously, you are the only one of thousands who have had problems getting Carnival shareholder OBC.. Does that tell you something?

HAL will not deal with individuals if they are using a travel agent. They tell you to have the travel agent contact them for you.

There have been instances where the travel agent was told by HAL I was getting the credit and it did not happen.

Be glad you get the credit when you want it. I am just telling you my experiences that it is a scam. You do it the same way many times and sometimes you get it sometimes you don't. All a whim of some clerk; but, sanctioned by the president of HAL. That is how they save money. So, therde is no reason to stop doing it.

That is nonsense. I use a travel agent and have always faxed it to the World Cruise fax line and received confirmation almost immediately.

HAL will not deal with individuals if they are using a travel agent. They tell you to have the travel agent contact them for you.

There have been instances where the travel agent was told by HAL I was getting the credit and it did not happen.

Be glad you get the credit when you want it. I am just telling you my experiences that it is a scam. You do it the same way many times and sometimes you get it sometimes you don't. All a whim of some clerk; but, sanctioned by the president of HAL. That is how they save money. So, therde is no reason to stop doing it.

We never had a problem getting our Shareholder OBC whether I book direct with PCC or through an Online TA. Either way I fax it myself. If booked direct, I get an email confirmation from World Reservations and then an email of Booking Confirmation showing OBC added. When booked through Online TA I receive confirmation from them.

Maybe your TA isn't putting it in for you and just telling you that she did or maybe you are not submitting the latest QTLY Statement showing Proof of Shares!

If this is a scam, as you say, We're more than willing to get scammed anytime by it! :rolleyes: :D. Last year we received $700 in OBC. That amount is just for last year and doesn't include past years! :)

We never had a problem getting our Shareholder OBC whether I book direct with PCC or through an Online TA. Either way I fax it myself. If booked direct, I get an email confirmation from World Reservations and then an email of Booking Confirmation showing OBC added. When booked through Online TA I receive confirmation from them.

Maybe your TA isn't putting it in for you and just telling you that she did or maybe you are not submitting the latest QTLY Statement showing Proof of Shares!

If this is a scam, as you say, We're more than willing to get scammed anytime by it! :rolleyes: :D. Last year we received $700 in OBC. That amount is just for last year and doesn't include past years! :)

I agree...count me in to be scammed...bring it on!