Female cd

J&Dhighdesert

In November, we had a female cruise director. We spoke to her several times. Our chatting eventually came down to her clothing. She was transferring to a new ship that had this new policy. She said that HAL's new policy was that the women had to wear their dress uniforms in the evenings. They were also limited in how much luggage they could bring aboard. She was rather bummed about this because she had invested so much money into her clothes. I always enjoyed seeing their beautiful gowns and jewelry they wore. Is this still the case?

Remember, the duties of the historically named the Cruise Director are changing and the CD will no longer be the "social host, , glad hander, "cheer leader", event manager, etc.) that he/she historically has been. From what our CD on the VOV and our previous cruise explained this was a HAL wide movement, as CD contracts expired. The individuals could stay but their traditional duties would be redistributed to two separate individuals who would also pick-up some of the duties historically done by others. Sorry, I do not remember all the specifics, only the overall presentation we were given. Were the changes good or bad from a passenger position, some would say YES and some NO. Others do not know what any of these folks do.

In my simple mind impression (could certainly be wrong) is that the CD would become more of a behind the scenes mover and shaker (more administrative, while the other would be the primary "face of HAL" to the passengers and the social "cheer leader". This may be very inaccurate but that is what I thought of as he talked.