Check in for Montego Bay

Just received this from Thomson cares, if we check in at the airport we won't be sitting together probably.

Thanks for your email.

I've attached your eticket to this email for you.

If you receive a message online advising you to check-in at the airport, this means that online check-in isn't available for your booking. It doesn't happen very often, but it means you'll need to pick up your boarding passes from the Thomson Airways bag drop desk when you get to the airport.

I hope the above has answered your query, but if you have any other questions you're welcome to get back in touch.

Kind regards,

Samatha Lyons

Customer Service Advisor

Thomson Holidays

This is the wording on the Thomson flight website

Once you’ve checked in, you can print off your boarding pass to use at the airport security gate. However, if you’re travelling to the US, Mexico, Cuba, Jamaica or Costa Rica, you’ll only be able to print a confirmation of check-in document. You’ll need to take this to the bag drop desk at the airport and collect your boarding pass before you go through the security gate.

Off on Cuban Fusion on the 14th Feb. Tried to check in today and it states print confirmation of check in document. Can't find this option, any ideas any one?

We are on the same cruise, flying from BRH. I went through the on-line check-in procedure and got what looked like a boarding card on screen, but there was a note which said:

"You’ve now checked-in for your flight. Please note this is not your boarding card. At the airport, head to a bag drop desk where you’ll be given a boarding card to pass through the security gate to departures"

I didn't bother to print it out because there was nothing to say I needed to.

Just received this from Thomson cares. I had spoken to customer services and they said go to a Thomson TA. I can't even check in at all! It seem when us 4 get to the airport (Gatwick) we will be scattered all over the plane from the remaining seats. This is the first time I have had this problem on my 5th cruise with Thomson. Very annoying.

Thank you for your email.

The attached document is your E-ticket, this is not confirmation of check in.

If you see a pop-up saying that you'll need to collect your boarding passes from the airport, our shop staff can't provide the online check-in service for you. If you see this message, please go to one of the airport bag drop desks when you arrive at the airport, where you can collect your boarding passes and we'll allocate you seats from what's remaining.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jodie Williams

Customer Service Advisor

Just received this from Thomson cares. I had spoken to customer services and they said go to a Thomson TA. I can't even check in at all! It seem when us 4 get to the airport (Gatwick) we will be scattered all over the plane from the remaining seats. This is the first time I have had this problem on my 5th cruise with Thomson. Very annoying.

Thank you for your email.

The attached document is your E-ticket, this is not confirmation of check in.

If you see a pop-up saying that you'll need to collect your boarding passes from the airport, our shop staff can't provide the online check-in service for you. If you see this message, please go to one of the airport bag drop desks when you arrive at the airport, where you can collect your boarding passes and we'll allocate you seats from what's remaining.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jodie Williams

Customer Service Advisor

Very annoying, as you say. Thankfully we pre-booked our seats, that might account for why we were able to check-in, albeit unable to print the boarding passes.