An arkward question

grifval5

Hi,

We are cruising in Veenham in April2006 for the first time. Do you tip for room service, and how much on average. We will pay the automated tip procedure on board. Thanks for help.

We typically tip $2 per delivery, or more depending on the order size. Imo, $2 is minimum. Have a wonderful cruise on the Veendam. She was my 2nd cruise on HAL and she is a lovely vessel.

Marie

I always tip at least $2.00 per order from Room Service. I hang out my breakfast order the night before, and have the tip money ready on the table (so I don't have to search the safe in my nightie!:D ). HAL does an excellent job with Room Service orders, and I'll often tip them more. Have a wonderful trip!

Hi LMNyborg,

Yes, we are sailing on April1st 2006 out of Tampa. We are over in Palm Harbor for 2-3 months visiting grandsons and wanted to do this cruise in the middle of it. We are from UK.

We are a group of 6 just getting ready to book the Veendam for April 1st.

We live in Palm Harbor year round. WELCOME

Have you ever sailed on the Veendam?

We normally sail in a mini suite on Princess ships.

This will be our first HAL - can anyone tell me about the suites?

What do you think of the Veendam?

thanks

Hi hugger,

Yes, looking forward very much to this trip. First time with HAL. Only other cruise we have done is QE2 this October gone. Nice coincidence that you come from Palm Harbor too. We love our visits over to there. Hope to see you on board.

grifval5

We've just returned from 45 days on the Veendam. We keep an envelope with $2 bills in it in the nightstand drawer and have them ready for room service, which we found to be excellent by the way.

The suites are marvelous on the Veendam, bigger than most standard cruise ship cabins. You get extra services with the suite, DVD, CD, mini-bar, frige, concierge service, and the Neptune lounge a private lounge for suite pax only with snacks and such. Hope you enjoy your cruise, she has a wonderful Captain and crew, and they help a champagne welcome party for CC'ers.

Trisha

You should be able to get them at the bank. They may have to be ordered.

I don't want to be rude but assume you mean 'by special order' - can't recall when I've seen a $2.00US billl - we (Canadians) no longer have them.

Guess we'll carry US$1's and double up :D

Sorry. I didn't notice your address; had I looked I would have seen that you are from Canada. :o

So, yes, in that case it would probably be a special order. Unless you're near the US border? (my husband's family was from the eastern townships of PQ---just a hop, skip, and jump over from our NH vacation spot.) Then com'on over and get 'em here! But again, they may need to be ordered.

Archived