How many kids on Allure

Studman

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me about on avg how many kids would be on the ship?

We are sailing on the Allure on 2/26 to 3/5 out of Ft. Lauderdale.

I know there tends to be more kids during vacation weeks as we have cruised with our own kids in the past.

This cruise is not during vacation week as far as we know so just wondering.

We did a vacation week once before and the ship was 1/3 kids, they were everywhere. Now do get me wrong, we love kids but our tolerance is getting thinner as we get older.

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me about on avg how many kids would be on the ship?

I know there tends to be more kids during vacation weeks as we have cruised with our own kids in the past.

We did a vacation week once before and the ship was 1/3 kids, they were everywhere. Now do get me wrong, we love kids but our tolerance is getting thinner as we get older.

In November I was interviewing the Provision Master on Oasis for a college project. He told me that Oasis class ships average about 200-400 children in off season weeks. Being the week after President's Day and with spring break season starting a couple weeks after I would expect on the lower side.

Edited by njm5378

We'll be on the Allure for the March 12th sailing, and I know there will be a lot of families on our cruise. We were actually surprised, as around the Chicago area - most of the spring breaks are the week of March 27th-April 3rd - with some March 20th-24th. It seems in a lot of southern states - as well as some from Canada and in other parts of the US - have their spring break the week of March 13th-17th. I know around here a lot of colleges have spring breaks in early March.

We are sailing the week before which is winter break for most of the northeast. We have found many more kids on board during summer cruising than winter break or even April break here in northeast.

I think Oasis class are ships that many families choose no matter when due to variety of activities and options. Have fun!

We are on Allure same time with you. Around a month ago RC had a promo "kids sail free", so we get some for sure. Even on our roll call you can see people taking advantage of this offer. See you on board!

In November I was interviewing the Provision Master on Oasis for a college project. He told me that Oasis class ships average about 200-400 children in off season weeks. Being the week after President's Day and with spring break season starting a couple weeks after I would expect on the lower side.

Thank you for a honest answer

Did the Provision Master also give an average for weeks like spring breaks or the summer?

The # we got for off weeks was double that, not the 200, but double the 400. For the other weeks the average was around 2000 and for the holidays even higher. We were on harmony on an off week and there were 1200

We'll be on the Allure for the March 12th sailing, and I know there will be a lot of families on our cruise. We were actually surprised, as around the Chicago area - most of the spring breaks are the week of March 27th-April 3rd - with some March 20th-24th. It seems in a lot of southern states - as well as some from Canada and in other parts of the US - have their spring break the week of March 13th-17th. I know around here a lot of colleges have spring breaks in early March.

We are on this cruise for Spring Break from Texas, so I would suspect you will see a lot of kids on the March 12th sailing. We are bringing two of them. :)

We are on this cruise for Spring Break from Texas, so I would suspect you will see a lot of kids on the March 12th sailing. We are bringing two of them. :)

Hi, Nomarian! Did you join the Roll Call for our sailing? There's definitely a lot of families among those signed up so far.

This is also the week of March break for Ontario's schools. Our personal contribution to the cruise will be 5 grandkids. :)

Nomarian - I noticed you already are on the Roll Call!

Fouremco - Please sign up for it, if you want to!

There's a mix of kids and grandkids in our roll call group - so there will definitely be kids of all ages.

I've lurked, but M&Ms don't hold the attraction for us that they once did. With a family group of 12, I think we'll be busy enough. :) Thanks for the invitation!