Will I get a "bad" cabin if I score an upgrade to a mini suite ?

The Other Tom

From what I understand, the people booked in MS get the first Haven upgrades available. Then you would possibly get upgraded into one of their MS. My cruise is full so no upgrades available and no chance of booking outright either.

I just got an offer to bid on upgrades (Cruise on Epic this spring). I can't afford the price of the Haven (min bid $500 pp) so I'm thinking about a mini suite. I don't want to wind up with a cabin next to the elevators or above or below a noisy area. So, for those with experience with upgrades, what should I do ?

Bad is highly subjective, but you can get ANY cabin ANYWHERE on the ship of the type that you upgrade to. What is available when you bid is of no relevance as others may be upgraded out of currently occupied cabins of the type you are bidding on. Bottom line is that if you have a particular cabin deck or location preference then do not bid unless you aer willing to take ANY cabin ANYWHERE NCL assigns you.

I was able to cancel my bid for a mini suite on the Escape 6/3 while it was still pending. i went to the ncl web site to do this. I like the mid ship deck 13 I have and like the others have posted getting a location I may not want is not worth a bigger bathroom. Happy I was able to do this.

That is different. Pending means your bid has not yet been accepted and no cabin has been assigned to you. You could always (and still can) cancel a pending bid. You cannot cancel a processing or completed upgrade.

I just got an offer to bid on upgrades (Cruise on Epic this spring). I can't afford the price of the Haven (min bid $500 pp) so I'm thinking about a mini suite. I don't want to wind up with a cabin next to the elevators or above or below a noisy area. So, for those with experience with upgrades, what should I do ?

this is the chance you take. It is like, choosing a gty cabin and hoping for the best. Oh, BTW, believe it or not cabins near the elevators are not bad at all We have had them many times and you really hear very little noise. You are right about the noisy areas just below some of the activities.