Ocho Rio ..Jamaica . Where did it go ?

New Cruiser Girl

Re: February 26 Regal Princess Issue

Yesterday afternoon I checked the website regarding our cruise. The Ocho Rios excursion was deleted. I called customer service. They had no clue. I asked them to find a clue. After several minutes on hold the woman said Ocho Rios, Jamaica is cancelled due to "operational issues". What does that mean? No clue. Ship is now probably going to Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Website still says Ocho Rios, but it's not "clickable". I called this morning. Still no clue. Why wasn't I informed about this instead of randomly discovering it. No clue. When will the website be updated? No clue. Are we really going to Montego Bay? No clue.

This is our first Princess cruise after seven on Royal Caribbean. Not impressed so far.

I've had some issues trying to pull up the website for a day now. Maybe they are working on it and updating things?

In my humble opinion. . . you are better off just staying onboard if you do go to the port. Not one of my favorite stops.

R

Website still says Ocho Rios, but it's not "clickable". I called this morning. Still no clue. Why wasn't I informed about this instead of randomly discovering it. No clue. When will the website be updated? No clue. Are we really going to Montego Bay? No clue.

This is our first Princess cruise after seven on Royal Caribbean. Not impressed so far.

Check your Personalizer and see if there is a message there.

After several minutes on hold the woman said Ocho Rios, Jamaica is cancelled due to "operational issues". What does that mean? No clue.

"Operational Issues" is what the excuse is for almost every change in an itinerary.

It could mean anything from too many ships in port that day to the tides are wrong for the ship to be there to just about any other reason,

Hi,

I just got off the phone with Princess. The rep said they changed itinerary on this cruise and going to Ocho Rios now. I told her that's where it was always schedule to go and that I had already picked excursions for there. She said give it a few days and excursions for new port of Ocho Rios will be available. So that wasauseless call. Sorry, I'm also on the 2/26 Regal

Note: it now says "tender", vs. normal Montego Bay docking. So - many ships at port, and we're odd man out due to Ocho Rios screw up. Excursion link shows no excursions available - obviously due to previous bookings. To quote Orange Man-Baby - "BAD".

Edited by jdshaw1000