Caye caulker observer tour with Coral Breeze?

aim_for_the_sun

Has anyone done the observer tour, where you don't snorkel but just hang out and explore the island? Is it a good option for a beach day in Belize? I'm just not finding many other options, and would love opinions on this excursion. Is there good food and drink ? Is there shade on the island? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently did the tour as an "observer" basically just for the transportation to Caye Caulker and back... First, there is not really a beach on CC. Most people sun and swim at a place called "the split" where the Lazy Lizard Bar is. There are some great, but rustic dining options on the island. I first walked to Errolyns Fryjacks for a true Belizean specialty. And later took a walk over to Terrys Grill on the back side of the island for lobster cooked right on the side of the road. Caye Caulker is a very laid back place, and the people are very helpful if you need to know how to get around.

I did the observer in November and everything went well, I thought about the water taxi but felt more secure on this excursion, enjoyed my walk around the island and went to the split and really want to go back again, for the price as an observer I thought it was well worth the costl

DH and I went over and spent the day on Caye Caulker on our last cruise in October. We took the water taxi and it was really easy. Got the first tender off the ship, walked over to the water taxi terminal and were on the first one over to Caye Caulker. We walked around enjoying the island, spent some time up at the split (which was being rebuilt due to a hurricane passing through) and had lunch at one of the local restaurants (which was amazing and cheap). We thoroughly enjoyed our day there and plan to go back for a land-based vacation. Took the water taxi back and had plenty of time to walk around the port area before heading back to the ship.

Is the Island Escape and the Observer Tour the same thing?

Basically yes. We did the Island Escape, asked them about renting golf carts (2) and they had them there waiting for us when we got to the dock. GREAT day. We tooled all over the island and ate and drank at a number of little local establishements including the Lazy Lizard. There is a "beach" as in sand, but not a great going in the water beach. We drove down the beach in the golf carts as well. We are going back to Belize in June and may do it again, we had so much fun!

• 3 weeks later...
DH and I went over and spent the day on Caye Caulker on our last cruise in October. We took the water taxi and it was really easy. Got the first tender off the ship, walked over to the water taxi terminal and were on the first one over to Caye Caulker. We walked around enjoying the island, spent some time up at the split (which was being rebuilt due to a hurricane passing through) and had lunch at one of the local restaurants (which was amazing and cheap). We thoroughly enjoyed our day there and plan to go back for a land-based vacation. Took the water taxi back and had plenty of time to walk around the port area before heading back to the ship.

How much is the water taxi?