City highlights and Negril Beach tour from Montego Bay

syndyj

I was just browsing A-Z planners website and saw this tour offered from Montego Bay. Has anyone ever done it, if so how long did you spend on the beach at Negril? 7 mile beach Negril was voted the best beach in the Caribbean on the Travel Channel, I would love to visit if it is possible.

Have had my eye on that too. According to info on the net, the drive is 1.5 hrs. to Negril from Mo Bay. It might be worth it after reading all the reviews of Sunset Beach etc. We will be leaving on the Conquest 11/27. Still not sure what to do in Jam, have been there before & we took a pirate ride last time, dont know if thats offered still or maybe the excursion has been updated but we wont be doing that again. Looks like 6.5 hrs for the excursion to Negril so must be 3 hrs traveling to and fro! Only 3 hrs left for the beach, not sure we want to spend that much time on a bus? :confused: Sure would love to go the beach there though! Maybe get a chance to see more of Jamaica that way to! So many decisions.:rolleyes:

Have had my eye on that too. According to info on the net, the drive is 1.5 hrs. to Negril from Mo Bay. It might be worth it after reading all the reviews of Sunset Beach etc. We will be leaving on the Conquest 11/27. Still not sure what to do in Jam, have been there before & we took a pirate ride last time, dont know if thats offered still or maybe the excursion has been updated but we wont be doing that again. Looks like 6.5 hrs for the excursion to Negril so must be 3 hrs traveling to and fro! Only 3 hrs left for the beach, not sure we want to spend that much time on a bus? :confused: Sure would love to go the beach there though! Maybe get a chance to see more of Jamaica that way to! So many decisions.:rolleyes:

Hi,

I emailed A-Z planners about the Negril tour and here is there response:

here are the answers to your questions:

The Tour starts approx. 30 minutes after you dock and finishes no later

than 1 hour before departure.

Transportation from the pier in air-conditioned bus with experienced

driver/guide are covered in the cost, there are no entrance fees in

Negril for the beach or Rick's Cafe.

Approx. 5 hours are spent in Negril.

The drive to Negril is approx. 1 hour or just under depending on

traffic.All our tours are kept small unless requested otherwise. Normally we do

not have more than 8 persons per bus except for group bookings which would

have their own bus.

If you would like more details or information please do not hesitate to

contact me.

This looks very do-able, I have read that a new highway opened up between Montego Bay and Negril so the commute is under and hour each way.

Our ship gets in at 7am,assuming the tour leaves an hour later at 8am, one hour later gets to Negril at 9am spend 5 hours there so leave at 2pm and return to the port by 3pm, that gives us one hour before the ship leaves at 4:00pm.

Sounds like a nice tour for $38.00pp, I would like to get some feedback from anyone who has done this tough.

Cant believe there wasn't a response from anyone that has been on this bus trip to Negril! :cool: I finally just went a head and booked us. Supposed to be beautiful beaches & great shopping there so dont see how we can go wrong. Now we are really looking forward to our day there!:)

Cant believe there wasn't a response from anyone that has been on this bus trip to Negril! :cool: I finally just went a head and booked us. Supposed to be beautiful beaches & great shopping there so dont see how we can go wrong. Now we are really looking forward to our day there!:)

PLEASE post a review when you get back,as we are also considering this tour.

• 1 month later...

Archived