When to make reservations?

So excited about a British Isles cruise in August...6 months to go! We already have most excursions booked, and our hotels reserved for London pre- and post-cruise, as well as one night in Southampton pre-cruise.

Wondering when we should start reserving transfers: Heathrow to London, London to Southampton (thinking Smithsforairports?), Southampton back to London (thinking we will do an International Friends tour here for Windsor Castle and Stonehenge), and then London to Heathrow?

Any other suggestions? Anything else should I be thinking about at this point?

If it was me, I would do them in May, about three months out. That's early enough to snag any discounts for early booking, but near enough to be sure of the price and that the booking won't get lost somewhere. I would also confirm a week before I left home, just to be safe.

That said, all of the companies you mention have been around a long time, and I have no reason to believe that a booking made now would be any problem.

Wondering when we should start reserving transfers: Heathrow to London, ... and then London to Heathrow?
I wouldn't leave this any later than the day before you fly to Heathrow.

Until then, no panic. Often, we don't decide whether we're going to use a private car transfer between home and Heathrow, or just take public transport as usual, until the day before travel.

I wouldn't leave this any later than the day before you fly to Heathrow.

Until then, no panic. Often, we don't decide whether we're going to use a private car transfer between home and Heathrow, or just take public transport as usual, until the day before travel.

:) So maybe I'm a little toooo much of a planner?

Good to know though, and thanks for the responses!