Carnival Sunshine Dining Question

jerseygirl629

Hi everyone. First time poster. I've done lots of googling but answers seem to vary.

My Mom and I are taking a mother/daughter cruise with our two friends (another mother/daughter duo) in July on the Carnival Sunshine. We booked two reservations under the same account and both have the 8:15 (late) dining option. We are thinking of switching to YTD because we think it will just work better for us.

So, my question is, do you know which dining room (Sunrise or Sunset) is for which? It says on Cruise Critic's main review of the Sunshine that Fixed time is in Sunrise, but, other places I've read it says it's in Sunset. TYIA.

Also - the reason we are thinking of switching is because I read somewhere we might miss some shows by having the late dining? Is that true? I read somewhere the adult comedy show usually takes place during the late seating time?

Edited by jerseygirl629

We had Any Time Dining on the Sunshine last year, and it was the AFT dining room.

If you want to go to the shows, I would absolutely change to Any Time Dining or even early. Thinking at 8:15, unless you really like to stay up late, you could go to the late shows at 10pm.

Back in August 2016 the your time/anytime dining was in the Sunrise dining room Deck 3 aft. I've never done set time, because I love the freedom/flexibility of YTD. It's nice to be able to go early if there's a specific show you want to catch, or go late if you want to get a nap in before the night starts. Can't remember what time the adult comedy shows started, thinking maybe 10 and 11. Just a reminder for YTD you have to go to the desk across from the Taste Bar on Deck 5 aft to check in each night and to pick up your ticket/buzzer.

Sailed on the Sunshine in December. We had the 8:15 seating. I just checked our Sail and Sign card and we were in the Sunrise dining room. We had no issues with missing the shows. The shows in the Liquid Lounge started around 7 and we were never late for dinner; they aren't that long. There were a lot of comedy shows at different times throughout the evening so you should be able to get into one of them. YTD does give you some extra flexibility though if that's important to you.

I believe it depends on the number of requests for a particular cruise.

We recently did 2 cruises on the Sunshine and there were some of each - Fixed and YTD - in BOTH dining rooms. I know that for a fact because on the May trip we were assigned to the mid-ship dining room for our fixed seating. There were both types in there according to the Dining Room Manager. Because of DH's mobility issues we requested to be moved to the aft dining room (nearest our elevator). Back there the lower DR was YTD and the upper was Fixed time.

Back in August 2016 the your time/anytime dining was in the Sunrise dining room Deck 3 aft. I've never done set time, because I love the freedom/flexibility of YTD. It's nice to be able to go early if there's a specific show you want to catch, or go late if you want to get a nap in before the night starts. Can't remember what time the adult comedy shows started, thinking maybe 10 and 11. Just a reminder for YTD you have to go to the desk across from the Taste Bar on Deck 5 aft to check in each night and to pick up your ticket/buzzer.

We sailed 21 days on the Dream and 14 on the Magic with YTD. Go to a desk and pick up a ticket? Never heard of that one before. We went to the dining room just like it was a restaurant. We were seated immediately every night, albeit we ate around 8:30.

We had Any Time Dining on the Sunshine last year, and it was the AFT dining room.

If you want to go to the shows, I would absolutely change to Any Time Dining or even early. Thinking at 8:15, unless you really like to stay up late, you could go to the late shows at 10pm.

Absolutely, change to anytime dining!