$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

:)

Well I'm no lawyer, obviously, but THAT is exactly what I would do. Give her one final opportunity to fix it and know the truthful consequences if she does not. If that got me in trouble, though I don't know why it would, then so be it. I just find it unlikely!

It's not a threat but rather the truth about her options. Besides there is no Civil Dispute YET....

Let me rephrase that. I live in Kansas and that is a no-no here. Laws in other states might vary. I think it's great you are connected to the Elliott group. I have read their site for years. This will get resolved in her favor. That TA is going to get torn up by her parent company.

Dwanye was SO FAST. Incredible. Hopefully RCCL will be in contact on Tuesday :D

I would love love love to know what will happen to my TA. Not looking forward to the legal end of across state lines credit card fraud, but at least I know my hubby will take care of most of it for me!

Reference my TA using my CC as a loan to themselves, with the charge being billed as to RCCL, how would they get the money? Charge my card to RCCL and then obtain a refund to the agency? Not sure how it would work but definitely not ruling it out. Something about this TA is off and unusual.

I'm doing my best to be patient. It's hard when it's dragged on THIS long. I don't want to sail without having this resolved.

Your travel agent would charge your card, and collect cash from another customer to cover the payment on their cruise. I know it sounds crazy, but it is a possibility.

Have you checked with the RCCL to see if you actually have the onboard credit applied to you cruise. That would indicate that RCCL acknowledged the initial mistake. If its no there your TA lied about that too!

Dwanye was SO FAST. Incredible. Hopefully RCCL will be in contact on Tuesday :D

I would love love love to know what will happen to my TA. Not looking forward to the legal end of across state lines credit card fraud, but at least I know my hubby will take care of most of it for me!

I'm still hopeful that this is all a huge screw up and that a combination of errors brought this on.

So glad you now have some competent help navigating this mess. Please let us know how it all turns out. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! What a story. I just read the 200+ messages like a crime drama.

It makes my $50 story seem petty. On my last RCCL cruise in December, I had a measly $50 OBC from my TA (who an actual friend and I've used several times). There was a card in my cabin from RCCL confirming that I had a $50 OBC courtesy of my TA. My final bill on the last night had no such credit. I stood in like at customer service and was told that "the TA must have neglected to notify RCCL of the credit, and it's too late to call them." I said "BULL, you put a card in my cabin!!!" More shrugs and "you'll have to call them from home." I refused to move and insisted to speak to a supervisor. I know it's only $50, but I was angry. The supervisor gave me the credit (but he acted like he was doing me a big favor!). That's not good customer service. (Yet I'm going back on that ship March 30!!)

Back to you...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are going on a fantastic trip and you will have a blast...if you let yourself. If you get this settled before the trip, great, but if not, TRY to forget about it while on your cruise. It is very likely that RCCL will make it right. After the cruise, you can think about things like scathing social media reviews, fraud charges, BBB, etc.

What is the worst thing that could happen? You got scammed for $1,400.00. That sucks. We all work hard for our money, but look at the big picture. You and your family are healthy (I presume) and you have enough income to take a wonderful cruise. If you can live with this worst possible outcome, than every other possible outcome is going to be icing on the cake.

I was 50 before I finally learned that most of the things that I worried about:

a) Never actually happened, and

b) If they did happen, they weren't serious enough to warrant the stress that I put myself through.

Best wishes to you and your family. We are all hoping to hear that you got your money back...along with a huge OBC or future cruise credit.

Have followed along with this the last couple of days

Who/what is this Elliot?? And will we be able to follow along with what he does to help the OP

Hope you enjoyed your birthday weekend and please keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See Post #194.

Have followed along with this the last couple of days

Who/what is this Elliot?? And will we be able to follow along with what he does to help the OP

Hope you enjoyed your birthday weekend and please keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://elliott.org/

And no you won't see anything unless the OP reports back here. You may read a Travel Story about it sometime in the future in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Condé Nast or any of many publications he writes for. Or not. Christopher Elliott is a consumer advocate.

As hard as it is I want to encourage the OP to start legal proceedings against the TA. We had a local one that did the same thing. She got away with it for quite a while. When she was finally charged there were many people she scammed over the years, but the saddest were those who gave her cash and had no recourse and no dream vacation or honeymoon.

Jvillegal thanks for all your positive vibes! There are so many negative people on social media these days and your positive attitude is refreshing!

Your travel agent would charge your card, and collect cash from another customer to cover the payment on their cruise. I know it sounds crazy, but it is a possibility.

Have you checked with the RCCL to see if you actually have the onboard credit applied to you cruise. That would indicate that RCCL acknowledged the initial mistake. If its no there your TA lied about that too!

They have not acknowledged it yet, although I mention it in every communication that we have hoping that they'll either confirm or deny it so I can figure anything out about this mess. :o:mad:

I have been following along on this, what a nightmare and feel for you. Your last post stated the charge ( $1400 ) wasn't from RCCL, did your final payment get to RCCL I possibly missed that.

All of my payments have had RCCL on the credit card statement, but the $1400 charge is not on my reservation (a CS rep confirmed that it IS attached to a reservation... just not mine). My deposit and final payment are posted on my reservation. So RCCL has all of the money, but no idea where/how the $1400 charge came to be. Hoping RCCL will have answers for me tomorrow! We sail 2 weeks from today!! :(

And I had the best birthday EVER. My best friend (FandomCruiser that has posted a couple of times on here) surprised me! I have never been more shocked in my life. We'll see each other in 14 days on the cruise, but she took a 25 hour Greyhound bus from Oklahoma to Arizona to be with me for my birthday (and her birthday, which is tomorrow). Absolutely unbelievable. And my gift from hubby was permission to buy a godawful expensive massage on the ship :D :D :D I scheduled it for the morning of our 2nd day so I can start the trip off relaxed, even if this situation isn't resolved!

http://elliott.org/

And no you won't see anything unless the OP reports back here. You may read a Travel Story about it sometime in the future in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Condé Nast or any of many publications he writes for. Or not. Christopher Elliott is a consumer advocate.

I won't leave all of you helpful wonderful people hanging! Hopeful for updates tomorrow.

Still no word from my TA. I haven't contacted either, it's not my job to chase her into doing her's when I might be able to get RCCL to work with me.

I won't leave all of you helpful wonderful people hanging! Hopeful for updates tomorrow.

Still no word from my TA. I haven't contacted either, it's not my job to chase her into doing her's when I might be able to get RCCL to work with me.

Have you Googled her name and the name of her Agency. There may already be others complaining about her. Others who are "na,inn and shaming".

Sent from my iPad using Forums