$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but if they are refunding to the original form of payment, and that's the card you closed, definitely call your bank so they accept the funds and apply them to your new number! Or - is it your bank that is crediting you due to the dispute you filed (and RCCL just won't contest?)

Either way - hope the $$ appears expeditiously and have a great cruise!! I think I'd be in the spa on a massage table with part of that $250 after all of this.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am so happy to read this morning that this has been finally resolved and you got $250 OBC instead of 4 cupcakes. Just a question though, Where can you get $250 interest in 5 months on $1400? I want to put all my money in this account so I can afford 2 cruises a year instead of 1.

What she meant is that she would be paying that interest on her credit card if she had been unable to pay it off in full when it was charged back in September. I don't know what the current interest rates are because we pay our CC off in full each month but I'm sure it's over $250 for almost 6 months.

In regards to savings, the best my husband has found is an online bank, Ally, that has 1% interest on their savings account. You're not going to get $250 but we are happy with our little 1%!

To 918Baker, I am so happy you got this taken care of before you cruise!! Happy belated birthday!

Very happy to hear this is resolved for you. Getting your money back + $250 is honestly a pretty good outcome. There were times in the past few weeks that this resolution was looking quite unlikely. It sounds like RCCL, the TA and corporate TA company are circling the wagons and protecting themselves from any future trouble from you. With all of them not admitting what actually happened, they clearly want you to go away. I think it is 99% chance that you had a dirty TA, but you will never know for sure unless one of them is willing to share what happened. You may want to consider just letting this go when you get back from vacation. Without any proof from RCCL or the parent TA company that the TA messed up, you might have trouble getting any future positive resolution. I would still give poor social media feedback toward the travel agents, but you will not have any written proof to file something like a fraud claim against the TA.

Have a great trip. Eat too much food, drink too much wine and put all of this behind you for a week. I wish you the best.

I am so happy to read this morning that this has been finally resolved and you got $250 OBC instead of 4 cupcakes. Just a question though, Where can you get $250 interest in 5 months on $1400? I want to put all my money in this account so I can afford 2 cruises a year instead of 1.

Oops, I meant if it had sat in my credit card and I was paying THEM interest 😃😃

Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but if they are refunding to the original form of payment, and that's the card you closed, definitely call your bank so they accept the funds and apply them to your new number! Or - is it your bank that is crediting you due to the dispute you filed (and RCCL just won't contest?)

Either way - hope the $$ appears expeditiously and have a great cruise!! I think I'd be in the spa on a massage table with part of that $250 after all of this.....

I already booked my massage for the morning of our first full day 😃😃 highway robbery prices but whatever, it's worth it!!

I called and confirmed with my bank that they'll be able to put a refund from my old card number onto my current card number. They said it would be no problem especially because I have the open dispute.

I have no idea who is crediting the charge, possibly my bank but likely RCCL since I have a credit memo from them :)

Very happy to hear this is resolved for you. Getting your money back + $250 is honestly a pretty good outcome. There were times in the past few weeks that this resolution was looking quite unlikely. It sounds like RCCL, the TA and corporate TA company are circling the wagons and protecting themselves from any future trouble from you. With all of them not admitting what actually happened, they clearly want you to go away. I think it is 99% chance that you had a dirty TA, but you will never know for sure unless one of them is willing to share what happened. You may want to consider just letting this go when you get back from vacation. Without any proof from RCCL or the parent TA company that the TA messed up, you might have trouble getting any future positive resolution. I would still give poor social media feedback toward the travel agents, but you will not have any written proof to file something like a fraud claim against the TA.

Have a great trip. Eat too much food, drink too much wine and put all of this behind you for a week. I wish you the best.

Yes, after we return and I scorch the internet that will be the end of it. For the best, just annoyed that my TA is getting away with it! :mad:

Start your own credit card company

918baker I'm so happy you finally got a resolution. I don't think it's any mistake that they finally credited you when your bank got involved. Enjoy your cruise, you definitely deserve it!

Even though you have no idea what actually occurred and no one's talking, you do know for sure that when you needed her most your TA decided to just stop returning your calls. She got a commission but you did all the heavy lifting. That alone deserves a bad review.

918baker I'm so happy you finally got a resolution. I don't think it's any mistake that they finally credited you when your bank got involved. Enjoy your cruise, you definitely deserve it!

Even though you have no idea what actually occurred and no one's talking, you do know for sure that when you needed her most your TA decided to just stop returning your calls. She got a commission but you did all the heavy lifting. That alone deserves a bad review.

I'll be reviewing everywhere. Still can't believe they're giving her the commission after all of that. I firmly believe that if I hadn't have jumped in and contacted Bayley's office that nothing would have been resolved. Even then, if I hadn't harassed the crap out of my bank to dispute the charge we would still be waiting and waiting.

Now it comes down to the fact that she's just a crap TA.

Thankfully it's over. I'll get my bitterness out of my system and enjoy the hell out of my once in a lifetime trip :)

I am so happy to read that this has been resolved! If you hadn't contacted everyone, I am sure you wouldn't have ever seen that money again. Good for you!

I think we have all learned a very valuable lesson at your expense, as soon as you see an error, get it taken care of right then, don't wait for someone else to supposedly handle it for you.

Have a fantastic cruise!

Kathy

I think I remember you used that TA because if a referral from someone. I hope they know what happened to you. I hope this turns out to be the best cruise ever.

I know your family will be happy to have you de stressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think I remember you used that TA because if a referral from someone. I hope they know what happened to you. I hope this turns out to be the best cruise ever.

I know your family will be happy to have you de stressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh yes, they're well informed :') they're DONE with my daily updates. and obviously done with the TA as well!

I'm determined for this to be the best vacation ever. It's definitely a once in a lifetime trip for us and I can't wait to enjoy it! Once we return I'll post an epic review (definitely NO live for me! Unplugging for 11 days) and find a way to let y'all know the Parent TA company and TA :)

I am so happy to read that this has been resolved! If you hadn't contacted everyone, I am sure you wouldn't have ever seen that money again. Good for you!

I think we have all learned a very valuable lesson at your expense, as soon as you see an error, get it taken care of right then, don't wait for someone else to supposedly handle it for you.

Have a fantastic cruise!

Kathy

YES. Do not trust your TA to handle it for you. I was on top of my TA from September 15th onwards and was fed a crap ton of BS and lies that I had no reason not to believe. Get involved immediately and take care of it yourself. Don't be a fool like me! :)

I have followed this from beginning to end. I'm very happy that it is pretty much resolved. The 250 OBC is pretty shameful. I've gone through problems that were way way way less problematic and stressful and received a min of free grats. If anything you should be given this, imo a way better compensation.

Either way, your attitude is great and I hope you have a great trip!!

YES. Do not trust your TA to handle it for you. I was on top of my TA from September 15th onwards and was fed a crap ton of BS and lies that I had no reason not to believe. Get involved immediately and take care of it yourself. Don't be a fool like me! :)

What an odyssey. I do believe you have sufficient information to conclude your TA engaged in fraud when she gave you false information regarding application of the $1400 and her supposed conversations with RCI, hoping you would rely on it.

Was hoping the OP had been back to report that she was on board and all ok.

I'm hoping the poor girl can just forget about this whole mess for a few days and that her refund is waiting for her when she gets home!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi y'all! I'm back :D:D

What an incredible cruise. Definitely worth the hassle and not just giving up on it all.

RC sent little treats during the week which cracked me up to no end. We're on a ship full of food. Please do not send more food to my room. Send alcohol. Or massages. :hearteyes: We got 4 little sad vanilla cupcakes on the first day. My kids licked one of them, made a face, and into the garbage they went. Around day 5 or 6 we got a nice fruit bowl, the kids did enjoy the strawberries and other fruits that weren't readily available on the ship. Then on the second formal night we got a little plate of various desserts. :rolleyes: Thoughtful, but pretty silly considering we're leaving on a floating buffet. We did receive $300 of OBC instead of $250, not sure if it was an error or what (it showed up as 2 $100 credits and 2 $50 credits) but I'll happily take it.

Now... for the refund update. RC gave me verbal and written confirmation on 3/1 that they would be refunding the money. It is now 3/18 and there is no credit on my card. I did call my bank after the confirmation and they said that it would be absolutely no issue to put the credit on the new credit card number and that they accounts are linked on the back end of things. I got an email this morning from my bank that they requested a receipt from RC for something that is completely unrelated (a charge from when we purchased our excursions) so lord knows what they're doing. My vacation buzz is going away and I might start to twitch again soon.....

Sent an email to the exc CS rep to see if she had an update on things. Will call my bank again on Monday.

For now, I'm going to look through all of the pictures on our disc (birthday gift was the photo package. Yay for moms!) and enjoy my last few days off work.