Cabana at Half Moon Cay...pros and cons.

LJN22

I am thinking of booking a cabana on Half Moon Cay and would like to get some feedback about it. It looks like it would make for a nice beach day. If anyone has done it before please let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am thinking of booking a cabana on Half Moon Cay and would like to get some feedback about it. It looks like it would make for a nice beach day. If anyone has done it before please let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been to HMC several times. For us the rental of a cabana, villa, or the Private Oasis is a luxury. Do you need it to enjoy HMC....no. Does it enhance the experience.....absolutely! The cabana provides us a "home" to keep our belongings while we are in the water. It includes cushioned chaise lounges, a misting fan, a/c, table and chairs, snacks, pop and water. You'll also get floats for water and snorkel gear. If you're going with a large group I highly recommend the private oasis or villa. Both are nicer than the cabanas!

We booked a Cabana for HMC and it made for a nice place to escape to direct sun. There were 5 of us and we all split the cost.

The Cabana came with a fruit plate and also some tortilla chips with salsa. We were also given 4 bottles of water and 6

(maybe 8, I'm not positive)

cans of soda. They will let you select what kind of soda you want at Guest Services, at the time you select your Cabana #. I drink only Diet so it was important that they included a couple. I believe the choices were: Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite.

We selected cabana #10 which was far enough away from music plus close to the restroom and the sidewalk that led to the lunch area.

It was $$ well spent.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

I've seen pictures of the beach more toward the ship/bar and it looked crowded. Where the cabanas are is private and less crowded. (In fact hardly anyone)

Plus you get priority tendering if you do not have FTTF, which gives you more time on the island to enjoy.

Not to mention you have somewhere to keep your things, a shower, fridge, loungers, the floats, snorkel gear, sodas, water, chips, etc. We absolutely loved the cabanas.

You get 8 cans of coke products

Several XXL bottles of water

Chips, guac, salsa, sour cream

Fruit tray

4 sets of snorkel gear

4 float mats

Fridge

Ice chest

AC unit

Misting fan

Padded loungers

Table w four chairs

Shower

Priority tendering to the island

Tram ride out to your Cabana

It's totally worth it for us, we have had one three times and have one again in November.

I take Ziploc bags and after we load our plates we put it in the ziplocs and take it back to the Cabana for a private lunch

Ymmv

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can only comment on the regular cabanas that are for four people. I recommend numbers 9 through 15, for a few reasons. The farther away you are from the dock area where the tender boats come in, the better. Those who don't have a cabana tend to congregate along the section of the beach in front of cabanas 1 through 5, and not quite so much past the Pirate Bar, which is close to cabana #6. Also, if you have cabana # 9, !0 or 11, it's a short walk to the restrooms. We had #11 on our last visit at HMC. There were very few people on the beach in front of us, and we had no problems with people coming up and "borrowing" our float mats or snorkel gear. You can't request a specific cabana until you get on the ship. Try to board as soon as possible on Embarkation Day and head straight to the Excursions Desk, and hopefully the one you want is still available.

You get 8 cans of coke products

Several XXL bottles of water

Chips, guac, salsa, sour cream

Fruit tray

4 sets of snorkel gear

4 float mats

Fridge

Ice chest

AC unit

Misting fan

Padded loungers

Table w four chairs

Shower

Priority tendering to the island

Tram ride out to your Cabana

It's totally worth it for us, we have had one three times and have one again in November.

I take Ziploc bags and after we load our plates we put it in the ziplocs and take it back to the Cabana for a private lunch

Ymmv

There were four of us when we rented our cabana. We did our best to eat up all of the fruit (there's quite a bit), but we didn't eat all of the chips or drink all of the beverages provided. We wanted to save room for lunch. When it was time to go back to the ship, we took the bag of left over chips with us, and the sodas and water we didn't drink. We had no problems, since the water bottles hadn't been opened.

If you are going in the summer (or warmer months) I would recommend a cabana if you can get one (they typically sell out fast). We had one a couple of years ago (August 2015) and it was wonderful considering how hot it was during that time. We loved it, had #13 so a lot of privacy but could walk to rest rooms easily. It was nice just to have the shade and the AC (although 3 sides of cabana is open you still get some cool air) plus a place to put our stuff and relax. We really liked having it but you dont "need" it to enjoy HMC but it sure did enhance the experience.

We would rent one again and get one in the last bunch (10-15) for the beauty of the beach (not as many people to impair your view) and privacy (but could still hear the music from the beach bar). Also, note that we never had an issue getting a drink from the bar, our bar server was always around and ready to serve!

Ymmv

What a great idea!!! It was so difficult balancing our plates and walking back to our cabana. You definitely had the right idea!!! :)

We loved our cabana!! It may depend on the time of year that you are visiting to determine if it is worth it for you, but if going during the summer months it may definitely be worth it to lounge in the shade with the misting fans IMO.

What a great idea!!! It was so difficult balancing our plates and walking back to our cabana. You definitely had the right idea!!! :)

We loved our cabana!! It may depend on the time of year that you are visiting to determine if it is worth it for you, but if going during the summer months it may definitely be worth it to lounge in the shade with the misting fans IMO.

This November we will take ziplocs, but also the reusable containers that some brands of lunch meat come in. :)

The first time we had a Cabana, two girlfriends and I struggled back to the Cabana with our plates. When I took my fiance, I knew to bring something, and just take a couple of clean plates back. (I loooove the cold salad with the shrimp in it)

We are a family of 7, and on our last visit to Mahogany Bay, we were able to purchase 3 additional wristbands once onboard so we could all enjoy the cabana. Can you do the same for HMC? If not, what are the occupancy limits for each category?

Iirc, 6 is the "legal" limit to get snorkel sets, floats, drinks and food, (w an upcharge for any over 4) but it's your Cabana, you can share it w as many ppl as you want.

We booked a cabana because I have heat sensitivity from a neurological condition, and it didn't look like there was a lot of shade available on HMC. I am SO glad we did. It was the most relaxing day in paradise. The heat was never a problem for me. If we go to HMC again, I won't hesitate for a second to get a cabana.