Boarding process on Ms Koningsdam

rxcruiser2

I am a check-in agent for HAL and have worked the K'dam several times in Port Everglades. The lines are extremely long between 11am and 2pm. Doors for check-in open at 9:30am usually, so either come early or after 2pm to avoid the crowds.(Boarding never starts before 11:30.)

I am a check-in agent for HAL and have worked the K'dam several times in Port Everglades. The lines are extremely long between 11am and 2pm. Doors for check-in open at 9:30am usually, so either come early or after 2pm to avoid the crowds.(Boarding never starts before 11:30.)

This has been my experience over the past 9 years with HAL in Alaska and the Caribbean Although the Port of San Diego does not board until around noon in my experience.

On two occasions some passengers were allowed to board at 11:00 AM as an experiment as long as they promised to go straight to the Lido Market until 11:30 AM. The experiment must not have worked since we are still boarding at 11:30 AM.

We always board early to have a relaxed lunch, tour the ship, and unpack before the Passenger Safety Drill.

I have done check-ins for most of the Holland ships in Port Everglades. Generally, doors open for all ships at 9:30 unless there is some problem and boarding is at 11:30. Boarding could be delayed for ship inspections by Coast Guard and/or Customs but that is usually when the ships return from Europe in the Fall.