Jamies or Wonderland on Anthem

OBRN1

Hi

They aren't really something you can compare one being better than the other. It's two totally different experiences.

Jamie's is like going out to a regular chain Italian restaurant back home. The food is good and it's enjoyable.

Wonderland is more of an experience. The food is more on the bizarre side. It's fun and the food is good but it's not like your regular restaurant. When we went to Wonderland on Quantum the waiter asked if we had allergies or dislikes and he suggested we let him just bring different items to us. We did. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed it.

However, on our recent sailing on Anthem, we booked Chops, Jamie's, and Wonderland as the specialty restaurants. We ended up cancelling Wonderland for this sailing and spent an extra evening in Coastal Kitchen because even though we enjoyed it for the fun factor, we enjoyed our meals in Coastal Kitchen more.

If you haven't done it before, I would recommend giving Wonderland a try

Thank you

Noreen

Wonderland for sure. You won't experience that anywhere else. It's very unique. Although Jamie's is very good and we ate there more than once, it's not a unique dining venue and it's also much more casual. Also, you can do Jamie's for lunch, it's a bit cheaper I think.

I'm a little different than the others. I'd probably pick Jamie's to do again over Wonderland mostly because I thought Wonderland was not worth the extra price. That said, Wonderland was a decent one time experience if you like to try unusual new things. Jamie's was more like a really good traditional Italian restaurant (and I think about half the price).

We did both of them on Anthem and were not unhappy with either, but they are totally different.

Tom

Depends on what you like and how adventurous you are. We did both on our Anthem cruise last year, and I really enjoyed eating things in Wonderland that I wouldn't even begin to know where to find on land (think bone marrow). But everyone else in my party really didn't like it all, and FAR preferred the meal at Jamie's. It wasn't a difference in quality -- I though Jamie's was excellent -- just in whether you want to have an adventure instead of a meal.

Basically, its like asking whether we think you would prefer PF Chang's over Olive Garden -- it depends in large measure whether you prefer Chinese or Italian.

Agree with comments on Jamie's. It's nothing particularly special. Wonderland was special. But if one of your party is simply a steak and baked potato person you might should not do it. What they serve sometimes doesn't even look edible. But it is truly a great venue for specially prepared food.

DH is not an adventurous eater, so we wouldn't do Wonderland. And being Italian he hates having to pay restaurant prices for pasta. That being said, he loved Jamie's on Anthem and we ate there twice. I usually never order the same thing twice, as I like to try different things. Ordered the exact same thing, down to the dessert, our second visit.

I'd love to try Wonderland, tho!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have never sailed on Anthem but just returned from Harmony where, in a Star Class suite, we ate at all specialty restaurants for free. I say that only b/c there was no price bias involved for us.

We started out as a party of 6 at Wonderland but by the time the meal ended, there were only 2 remaining. While the service was excellent, the food was just too bizarre. Every one of the 6 of us really hated it.

While It's true (IMO) that Jamie's is nothing special (I think Giovanni's is FAR superior in every way) at least I knew what I was eating and finished the meal.

Unless you enjoy the concept of a very abstract meal I would recommend steering clear of Wonderland - especially if you have to pay extra for it !

One note - Jamie's has THE most uncomfortable chairs possible. I had to haul a chair in from the Park Cafe area to even be able to sit down for dinner.

One vote for a Jamie's over Wonderland.