royal caribbean uk rip off prices

mainmast

Just checked again, for the night TA on 13th April to southampton is showing the 499 each for inside or 699 for balcony, loads of cabins available,

Web site royal caribbean.Co.uk

Sorry BOGOF man I had checked the westbound TA in October - doh!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Several years ago we did cruise out of Europe, and the exchange rate 1.60 US D = 1 Euro. Now that the exchange rate is "on par" that could explain some of the price "inflation"

Also, private business is not a charity, they want to maximize their revenues and thusly profits. If not enough people book at the going rates then they will just their prices accordingly.

To the OP, these things equate to the current fares being a rip-off.

Seems perfectly logical, doesn't it?

Prices vary

Cruises away from Europe/UK you will find are often cheaper in Britain than elsewhere pays.

Being looking at this quite a bit recently. Think it all depends how easily they think you can get to a ship.

In addition unfortunately the has been a knock on effect of the £. :(

If the prices are better in USD book with a USA TA, even check the prices in Australia and book in AUD with an Aussie TA. All these options are open to us.

Of course one should only do so after weighing up the different T&C's in each market.

If the prices are better in USD book with a USA TA, even check the prices in Australia and book in AUD with an Aussie TA. All these options are open to us.

Of course one should only do so after weighing up the different T&C's in each market.

Has anyone ever done this?

Seems a bit risky to book with a TA in another country

Has anyone ever done this?

Seems a bit risky to book with a TA in another country

There are many threads on this topic.

Yes, people book in different countries all time. Personally, I abhor the booking regulations and limitations in the U.K. and direct most of my business to the states. I recently went against my better judgment and booked a cruise in the U.K. as the rates were competitive at the time. That cruise is now going to cost me about £600 more for the privilege of supporting my local economy.

There are many threads on this topic.

Yes, people book in different countries all time. Personally, I abhor the booking regulations and limitations in the U.K. and direct most of my business to the states. I recently went against my better judgment and booked a cruise in the U.K. as the rates were competitive at the time. That cruise is now going to cost me about £600 more for the privilege of supporting my local economy.

I know what you mean, not being able to take advantage of price drops in the uk

Booking early is getting more risky these days, as the prices are so high, I know they will drop,

We are starting to think of last minute bookings for future cruises

I'm amazed people are booking European cruises at the moment.

A similar cruise to what we did last year on celebrity for 2200 is currently showing at over 4000,

No way unless the prices fall

I know what you mean, not being able to take advantage of price drops in the uk

Booking early is getting more risky these days, as the prices are so high, I know they will drop,

We are starting to think of last minute bookings for future cruises

I'm amazed people are booking European cruises at the moment.

A similar cruise to what we did last year on celebrity for 2200 is currently showing at over 4000,

No way unless the prices fall

Yeah, it's the ridiculousness of being willing to lose the deposit and then not being eligible for current pricing. It's feels like the booking rules punish you and then rub salt in the wound for fun.

The current Celebrity pricing in Europe is on par with lines that are wayyyy above their league.

I'm in Australia and have just booked with a US Travel Agent. It's the 4th time I've booked with her since our trip in 2007. I think now I would struggle to find someone as efficient and helpful. And the prices are so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always shop around travel agents in the UK, USA and European. We've booked with the best price and so far everything has been fine. We booked one cruise which was £8000 cheaper on an American site. The pound has tanked but we were being ripped off long before then!

We always shop around travel agents in the UK, USA and European. We've booked with the best price and so far everything has been fine. We booked one cruise which was £8000 cheaper on an American site. The pound has tanked but we were being ripped off long before then!

I'm in Australia and have just booked with a US Travel Agent. It's the 4th time I've booked with her since our trip in 2007. I think now I would struggle to find someone as efficient and helpful. And the prices are so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not entirely correct from my ocd checking of cruise prices. Many are cheaper booking through the USA but many a far dearer going that route. Normally most local Aussie cruises are cheaper booking local. The trick is to understand each countries booking conditions, factor in the forex and perks and the see which system works out being the best overall value. Even then you will make some bad calls because prices fluctuate so much.

Research does put the odds if getting it right much more in your favour though.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Forums mobile app

If you want to feel more secure when booking through foreign travel agents, book directly with the cruise line themselves. In my experience pricing and the perks are often similar or the same. I like being able to cancel/change with no risk until final payment, whereas many online US agencies I've dealt with have a $50-$100pp administration fee. With regards to a devalued currency compared to USD- sorry not sorry. Being Canadian this has been our plight for decades, with very few upswings. Take a cruise to numb the pain!