Cruising from Vancouver / Days Inn Downtown night before

jmpiterniak

Hi, We're cruising on HAL out of Vancouver and get in late the night prior to sailing. We're staying at the Days Inn Downtown, and are planning on a cab from the airport, since we get in late and don't know the area at all. Any thoughts on getting from the hotel to Canada Place for the ship? Is it walkable, or does the hotel offer a shuttle? If anyone knows I would love to hear from you ... thanks!

Day's Inn is a 3 block walk.... generally easy level walk.

Do check online reviews of that hotel if there are potential issues.

The airport and downtown is a short 30 minute cab ride.... feel free to look at airport value hotels as an alternative to save money... especially if you don't have time for sightseeing.

Edited by xlxo

From another post.... I see you need a room for June 17th, 2017. Looking at booking.com in USD for other value properties as a comparison...

• $149 Days Inn
  • $206 Blue Horizon

by the airport

• $117 Holiday Inn Express
  • $144 Days Inn Vancouver Airport
  • $152 Coast Vancouver Airport
  • $171 Raddison Vancouver Airport

If you got the Day's Inn for $149 USD.... that's a great price.

BTW.... June 18th is a two ship day. Boarding should be easy.

I'd say that if you wheeled your own bags from baggage claim at YVR to the cab queue, you can handle the walk from the hotel. You probably covered more distance with them than the <400 yards from hotel to pier!

Sidewalks are wide and level and there are ramps at the pedestrianized part of Hornby with the stairs that Google correctly mentions. Walking is also likely the fastest way - even if there were a cab waiting right outside the hotel for you, the bottleneck as they all fight to get into Canada Place means walking is probably still faster. But if you can't handle your bags or are just feeling terminally lazy that day, CAD$10 should cover fare and tip even if there's bad traffic...

Already booked the hotel so we're locked in and fine with it. I'm good with walking even though hubby says otherwise because of "all the baggage". We'll see how we feel the day of. Hoping we get a chance to spend a few hours the day of the cruise in Vancouver; wishing we had booked an extra day there - it looks wonderful! Thank you everybody!!

From another post.... I see you need a room for June 17th, 2017. Looking at booking.com in USD for other value properties as a comparison...

• $149 Days Inn
  • $206 Blue Horizon

by the airport

• $117 Holiday Inn Express
  • $144 Days Inn Vancouver Airport
  • $152 Coast Vancouver Airport
  • $171 Raddison Vancouver Airport

If you got the Day's Inn for $149 USD.... that's a great price.

BTW.... June 18th is a two ship day. Boarding should be easy.

Think we spent around $149 for Days Inn; sounds about right. I booked it so long ago that I don't actually remember...:cool: