2 kids 2 car seats question

rid891

Traveling with a family with 2 kids under the age of 4. They will be flying in to Fll and cruising out of Post Everglades. Clearly there will be 2 car seats . So, can they plan on using cabs from airport to hotel, hotel to port, and port to airport? Or should a car service be looked into?

Any feedback and thoughts will sure help a concerned Mommy.

If they don't want to lug the seats around with them, they could just rent a car and park it at the cruise terminal for the week. You can also rent car seats with the car, although it's a matter of personal preference whether you are ok with that or not.

If they don't want to lug the seats around with them, they could just rent a car and park it at the cruise terminal for the week. You can also rent car seats with the car, although it's a matter of personal preference whether you are ok with that or not.

Pay for a week's car rental and parking at the port :eek:

Depending on the ages/weight of the children (I know you said under 4, but my experience is this can still vary considerably!) I'd plan to bring booster seats with me (car seats if the children are too young!) Their safety is more important than the hassle of lugging them around or storing the car seats in the cabin. Most airlines will allow carseats for young children free of charge, but failing that, buy a large soft bag and check them in.

For our trip to Orlando (Disney holiday, not a cruise) we're bringing along two 'Trunki Booster Pak' booster seats/backpacks.

For previous trips, we've bought a large 'Sunshine car seat bag' for the flights and for easier carrying.

If the child isn't going to be in the carseat on the flight (which I HIGHLY recommend -- airline seats/seatbelts are not safe for children), DO NOT CHECK THE SEAT with regular checked luggage. At the very least, do a gate-check.

Checked luggage goes through a lot of abuse, which means that the structural integrity of the seat will be impaired. Car seats are supposed to be replaced after being in a car accident -- they go through similar abuse after being checked luggage, and so should be replaced (not used) after being checked.

We would bring seats from home and use them on the plane, transfers, and excursions as needed. Depending on the age of the oldest and their ability to sit well in a car and how they fit in a booster seat - I might consider just a booster, but only if the conditions (age, maturity, size) were safe.

We use the seats on the plane but if you are not going to - I second the advice above to please GATE check it - not luggage check it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Use the CARES system on the plane and hire a car service who will provide car seats. That's what we have done and will do again in October.

Shuttle buses are not required to use car seats, but everybody else is. I guess you could use the CARES on the ships shuttle, we have just never done it.

Thanks for all the info. Choices is always a good thing so I think they will try a cab from airport to hotel and if that's a problem then hire a car service for the hotel to the port trip the next day. If a anyone has a better plan please chime in. Thanks