What is VIBE all about?

traveler2100

Please pardon me for being clueless.

I will taking a Norwegian Escape cruise in the near future.

I see comments about Vibe passes but I am clueless what that is all about.

What is vibe? how can I get a pass?

Is it for both myself and my wife?

I get the impression you have to get to the ship early to get one.

Vibe is a very private deck all the way forward on Deck 19. It costs $99 per person (at least on The Getaway). It is a very small space for those who love sun, privacy and no kids. Only a limited number of Vibe passes are available each cruise. Yes, you have to be among the first people to board in order to get one.

To some passengers, it is very worth the price. To others like me, NO.

Please pardon me for being clueless.

I will taking a Norwegian Escape cruise in the near future.

I see comments about Vibe passes but I am clueless what that is all about.

What is vibe? how can I get a pass?

Is it for both myself and my wife?

I get the impression you have to get to the ship early to get one.

Passes are sold only onboard, first come first served. In the past, they have at times been sold out even before the first "normal" passenger is allowed on board. The area is a spot with REALLY comfortable loungers, day beds, several groups of club-style chairs, two hot tubs and a misting shower, as well as a bar area. We've had passes several times. Usually it's a pretty quiet, laid back spot, but that can change based on who else has booked it.

Think of it as a Haven sundeck for the steerage class. ;)

[YOUTUBE]lXeroHJikWI[/YOUTUBE]

Sometimes, it is windy. Sometimes, it isn't windy (depends on the weather).

Sometimes, it is loud. Sometimes, it isn't loud (depends on the guests).

Never crowded since passes are limited in number.

Never children since it is adult-only.

For Escape, passes are handed out at Headliners on a first come/first served basis until they are gone. One pass per person and all guests requesting one must be present. Early arrival helps but doesn't guarantee anything since many people have priority boarding and may get VIBE passes before general boarding begins. Passes cannot be ordered online.

Restrooms 2 cabinets full of towels

Fresh fruit daily

Carafe's of fruit infused cold water

Cold wash cloths to cool down with

Continental Breakfast ( coffee, tea, sweet rolls)

2 Bartenders 1 that acts as a waiter also

As well as what is posted above ( hot tub, misting station, padded loungers, umbrella's)

We LOVED it!

Is it 99 per person for whole cruise or per day?

The whole cruise.

I just had a pass in November and it was basically a private bar. The winds were INSANE and truly made it impossible to lie out. And if you did lie out, it was freezing. Also, I had waiter service one day. Other than that, had to go to the bar and get my drinks. The fruit skewers and cookie were nice.

I won't bother again mainly because I think the way it's cut/location onboard makes it ultra windy. The area literally just outside the Vibe doomwould be fine but open the door and woooossshhhhhh. Might be different at other times of the year.

The issue is that the main pool deck on the Escape is ridiculously crowded. This class of ships have figured out how to pack the people in like no other NCL class ship has before. It's just ridiculously crowded.

So then you have the option of Vibe which isn't crowded, nice chairs, a nice bar, no children......It's nice.

Vibe is awesome, we did it on our Breakaway cruise out of NY to FL/Bahamas. Never got off the ship as we were not interested in those ports and loved our Vibe time. I'm only a hot tub person, pools are always too cold so it was perfect. There was never more than 4 other people there despite that it was sold out and all cabanas were reserved (no one used theirs except us, strangely). Yes it's windy but I was able to use it every day except the last. The bar was empty and I didn't really see waiter service because it was so dead. Just walked up to bar and got my own drink, no kids, no one in the hot tubs but me, nice big showers and padded loungers with umbrellas the staff will position for you should you be a shade lover like me. I don't think I would sail an Away class ship if I didn't feel there was a reasonably good enough chance for me to get Vibe passes, given the crowded situation on the pool deck. If I missed out I'd go to Spice H2O then.