Prebooked Excursions on Celebrity website

opuscat1

I seem to recall that the excursions list once included customer reviews is that gone now or has been for awhile I'm not seeing it anymore. I can get some reviews on trip advisor I see but.

Also, I take it there is no way to book an excursion in advance and have it charged to my ship account is there? The site implies it'll be charged to my credit card and well ... I've got a largish onboard credit I'll be hard pressed to use it up unless I take my chances and see what I can book on board perhaps. Sure I could gamble it away but even after using it to pay out tips well I'd just prefer to prebook at least one excursion on it darnit.

It has been hit or miss with reviews, possibly another IT screw up. You cannot book in advance without using a credit card. you will have to take your chances and wait until you are onboard if you want to use your OBC to pay for the excursions. Doesn't due any good to book, cancel onboard and re book because the cancelled amount gets credited back to your OBC, but that type of OBC is refundable at end of cruise.

We also had a large amt of OBC last summer. But we booked a ship tour that we really wanted ahead of time. Both of them were sold out by sail time and there was a wait list.On embarkation day we went to the tour desk and booked three addtional tours with our OBC. We also did three private tours organized on our roll call.

Not really part of the question, but a bit of information that others may wonder about. We booked a number of tours online for an upcoming cruise, then had to cancel the cruise for health reasons. (Luckily this situation came up 1 week before final payment date - if it had been a week or so later, we would have been out quite a bit of money, though not the tour payments.) We were pleasantly surprised to see our tour refunds on our credit card in just 3 business days. Our initial cruise deposit was refunded in 2 business day. It's nice to see something handled quickly without any hassle!

I wish they'd bring them back - I think they'd be helpful.

I agree, I read reviews for everything. But it was good b/c these were specific to the tour. I wrote reviews on our X Excursions last year, and they didnt like I mentioned something negative, so they wouldnt allow it to post. It wasnt super negative, more of a "it would be better if..." so maybe that was the beginning of the end for them..

But I do wish they were there..