Adding two more people to an early saver reservation...fees?

momof4girls

Will I be charged "change fees" if I add two more people to an already made reservation? Booked with early saver...

Depends on whether the cabin you are in will hold the 2 extra people. If they have to change cabins for you then you would pay the prevailing rate, even for the existing people in the cabin and you could be charged a fee.

Almost certainly if you're trying to all be in the same cabin. Say you booked two people. The highest probability is they gave you a cabin that sleeps 2 people. Now you want to be 4 people and you'll have to change cabins - IF they have a 4 top available and IF the 2 new don't put them over capacity.

Now if it's 2 new people in their own cabin just book them at the prevailing rate and link your bookings if you want to eat together and all that.

I have no idea what they do in the event you have 2 people but you're in a suite that can handle more.

Only people that are accident prone book the ER.

Bill

Funny! But accident prone people don't book the ER, they just show up 3 days after they got hurt. LOL

OP the easiest way is just book another cabin for them and as mentioned and link the reservations.

There is no fee change for Early Saver if you are adding people. I've done that as recently as 2 weeks ago.

If you are adding two people to the same booking number (cabin) they will likely change your room because they wouldn't have allowed you to book 2 people in a 4 person cabin unless it was close to the cruise, the cabin was not sold. Not sure if they would charge you for 4 people in that case though.

The two additional people in the same cabin would end up being cheaper than booking two separate cabins. Guest 3 and guest 4 rates will be a lot less than guest 1 and guest 2 rates.

The two additional people in the same cabin would end up being cheaper than booking two separate cabins. Guest 3 and guest 4 rates will be a lot less than guest 1 and guest 2 rates.

Normally, but not always. Always run the numbers to see before assuming. At high volume times (spring break, some summer sailings, NYE, etc), the 3rd and 4th person can be as much as the first two.

There is no fee change for Early Saver if you are adding people. I've done that as recently as 2 weeks ago.

If you are adding two people to the same booking number (cabin) they will likely change your room because they wouldn't have allowed you to book 2 people in a 4 person cabin unless it was close to the cruise, the cabin was not sold. Not sure if they would charge you for 4 people in that case though.

Not necessarily true. Several times I have booked a 4 person cabin with only 2 people in it up to a year in advance. Depends on the time of year, the type of cabin, and which ship is being booked.

Not necessarily true. Several times I have booked a 4 person cabin with only 2 people in it up to a year in advance. Depends on the time of year, the type of cabin, and which ship is being booked.

Some PVPs will not book it. Even if you book it Carnival have the right to move you to a two people cabin. I will find a link that states such when I am home.

Normally, but not always. Always run the numbers to see before assuming. At high volume times (spring break, some summer sailings, NYE, etc), the 3rd and 4th person can be as much as the first two.

I didn't know this!:o I just always assumed the 3rd and 4th were heavily discounted.

Some PVPs will not book it. Even if you book it Carnival have the right to move you to a two people cabin. I will find a link that states such when I am home.

As I stated, it mostly depends on time of year. According to my PVP, during high demand times, passenger restrictions are in place and you can only book a cabin with the exact number of beds for the passengers that are occupying it. Times such as Christmas/New Years, summer, Spring Break. Other times, there are no passenger restrictions in place. For the most part, the only time Carnival will involuntarily move a person is when non-HC people are occupying and HC cabin and the cabin is needed for HC people.

I have never been moved if my PVP allowed me to book a 3 or 4 person cabin with only my wife and I. She has told me when I was not allowed to do so due to passenger restrictions in place.

As I stated, it mostly depends on time of year. According to my PVP, during high demand times, passenger restrictions are in place and you can only book a cabin with the exact number of beds for the passengers that are occupying it. Times such as Christmas/New Years, summer, Spring Break. Other times, there are no passenger restrictions in place. For the most part, the only time Carnival will involuntarily move a person is when non-HC people are occupying and HC cabin and the cabin is needed for HC people.

I have never been moved if my PVP allowed me to book a 3 or 4 person cabin with only my wife and I. She has told me when I was not allowed to do so due to passenger restrictions in place.

Got you. As you stated earlier, the OP may need to run the numbers to see what works best. Even if two separate rooms is a little more expensive it may be worth it if the $$ available will allow.

Got you. As you stated earlier, the OP may need to run the numbers to see what works best. Even if two separate rooms is a little more expensive it may be worth it if the $$ available will allow.

Absolutely correct. When one has two cabins, that means two bathrooms. Almost a necessity when dealing with 4 people.

Absolutely correct. When one has two cabins, that means two bathrooms. Almost a necessity when dealing with 4 people.

This is for sure! Not only 2 bathrooms, but twice the closet space, 2 tv's and EVERYONE gets their own comfy bed. I book 4 in 2 cabins without giving it a second thought for all of our cruises regardless of if it's more expensive or not. I would take 2 regular cabins for 4 over a suite as well just for these reasons.

OP... i had a cabin booked with 2 people. It held 4. Booked ES. So a third person wanted to go. We were able to add her to the 3rd person rate. It was 129. Then another friend wanted to join us... they let us add her too... 4th person rate... 129. First two was 459pp. We could have asked the friends to split it up... but heck, we already were going... so let them have the lower rates so they could join us.. no change fees were added because it was the same ship, same category cabin, same date.

I just added a third person to an ES reservation three weeks ago. There was no fee assessed. Yes, they will,charge you the going rate for the room at the time. However, I had favor. I got a sweet representative that got a supervisor and they only charged me what the first and second person originally paid. The third person rate for this cabin, on this sailing would have been over $1000! That's $300 more that the fairest and second person rate was initially. Highway robbery but I squeaked by...

My cabin is a 2-person cabin so we would have to be moved for sure. If I was adding two adults I would definitely just book another cabin. However, it is just two kids so I don't mind the four of us in one.

It is the last cruise I will be booking with ES as the past guest rate isn't that much more expensive.