Mendenhall Glacier & Nugget Falls Question

Upper Deck Dad

I've been reading different posts about this area and I'm still curious, is there anyway to see Nugget Falls without walking the trail out to it?

One of our party cannot walk far or fast but is interested in this excursion. We were thinking about combining it with the Gardens/Rainforest.

Is there a viewing area to see the glacier and falls that doesn't require much walking?

You can see Mendenhall from near the parking lot. The shortest trail is Photo Point which does give a nice expansive look. Nugget Falls in the distance (from Nugget Glacier).

Also Mendenhall is viewable from the visitor center, with pretty much only a few steps walking, to the elevator and a curb drop off.

These links may give you an idea....

Don't wait another year.... the glacier continues to retreat away from the visitor center each year. Warning, wheelchairs and walkers are not recommend.... very sandy as you get closer to Nugget Falls. Photo Point and/or the visitor center is the best option.

I've been reading different posts about this area and I'm still curious, is there anyway to see Nugget Falls without walking the trail out to it?

One of our party cannot walk far or fast but is interested in this excursion. We were thinking about combining it with the Gardens/Rainforest.

Is there a viewing area to see the glacier and falls that doesn't require much walking?

This shows the way to and view from Photo Point and the walk to the close up view from the beach. All the best, Tony

GOMA2HeTGJw