What to bring - tips for storage and outlet usage for 3 people in room

kculater

Poor kculater. Such an avalanche of advice! :eek:

You should NOT pack hangers. Your cabin steward will be happy to bring you as many extra hangers as you desire.

Liquid soap is just one more thing that can spill. There will be bars of soap in the bathroom.

I don't like the hangers in the closet very well. They are bunched together. Wish they had the wire hangers or the plastic ones like you can get at Walmart.

I have to admit I bring my liquid soap also and leave the rest since they are only $1. I don't like the mess soap leaves on the counter. I don't use bar soap in my bathroom at home either.

If there are three sharing a room, then wire hangers are much thinner than the thick wooden ones Royal provides, so you can fit a lot more clothes in the closet that way. The nice thing about keeping most of the toiletries in the over the foot shoe hanger OUTside of the bathroom door is that when one person is in the bathroom, others can still be getting ready & using their things. Bathroom is tiny. I also used magnetic hooks to hang squeeze bottles of shampoo, conditioner and facial wash in the shower. That left the shower basket free for bar soap, shaving cream, razors, etc. I'm not as agile as I used to be, so for shaving my legs, I use the round metal trashcan from the room, turned upside down, and placed in the corner of the shower to prop my foot up on. Makes shaving much easier. Also, there is lots of space under the beds, so our 4 suitcases easily fit underneath. My kids refused to unpack and their cabin was always a mess. Totally unpacking and finding places for everything was worth the pre planning and first day effort. At least it was for me. Hanging your purse on one of the hooks by the door keeps it out of the way & easy to grab as you head out. As I just returned today from my second cruise in 3 weeks, these things are very fresh on my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Along with all the same things that were given so far, we bring antibacterial wipes to wipe down the room when we first get in, especially the remote and phone.

I do the except same thing. I try to do it daily. Less chance of getting sick

Have read few different threads with people recommending multi-pocket door organisers for toiletries etc....

Just wondering, do you go for the ones with a coat hanger type hook at the top (is there a hook on inside of bathroom door?)..

.. or the over-door type (can the hooks on the top of this type fit over top of bathroom door when its closed?)

Thanks for all the advice

Good question, I was wondering what would be the best one to get. If anyone have advice on this, please share.

All of this is great information and I've added it to my purchase and pack list. If you have any more tips, please keep sharing. Since I learned a lot so far I wanted to asked about the luggage tags. I remember trying to tape and staple mine last time I cruised as it was tearing apart. I found these two, has anyone purchased these? Is the metal loop better then the plastic tie?

Option #1

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489967825&sr=8-1&keywords=royal%2Bcaribbean%2Bluggage%2Btags&th=1

Option #2

https://www.amazon.com/Caribbean-Celebrity-Easy-Read-Register/dp/B011S5GO6Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1489967825&sr=8-3&keywords=royal+caribbean+luggage+tags

I don't like the hangers in the closet very well. They are bunched together. Wish they had the wire hangers or the plastic ones like you can get at Walmart.

I have to admit I bring my liquid soap also and leave the rest since they are only $1. I don't like the mess soap leaves on the counter. I don't use bar soap in my bathroom at home either.

The ship has thousands of plastic and wire hangers that people left and that they put your clothes on after pressing. Just ask your room steward for a bunch, don't bring any...

All of this is great information and I've added it to my purchase and pack list. If you have any more tips, please keep sharing. Since I learned a lot so far I wanted to asked about the luggage tags. I remember trying to tape and staple mine last time I cruised as it was tearing apart. I found these two, has anyone purchased these? Is the metal loop better then the plastic tie?

Option #1

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489967825&sr=8-1&keywords=royal%2Bcaribbean%2Bluggage%2Btags&th=1

Option #2

https://www.amazon.com/Caribbean-Celebrity-Easy-Read-Register/dp/B011S5GO6Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1489967825&sr=8-3&keywords=royal+caribbean+luggage+tags

I bought option 2 - they were great - sturdy and easy to read - and will reuse for future cruises. I also remembered after I last posted that the hooks on the ceiling are great for hanging damp clothes on hangers to dry (we did some hand washing as we were travelling for over two weeks). We didn't bring extra hangers, we had tons with three of us in the cabin but that may vary depending on who the three are!!

For the shoe racks I bought one with the over the door hooks. No issues with scratches but if you are concerned just wrap with masking tape or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we cruised 2 yrs ago and about to go again - add a highlighter to your list so you can highlight what you want to do on the compass newsletter that you get daily, then you wont miss anything. We also unpacked day 1 and stored cases. Im packing some pegs this time for bathers on the balcony.