What to bring - tips for storage and outlet usage for 3 people in room

kculater

I haven’t been on a cruise in 6 years, greatly overdue for oneand I’m extremely excited :D to be going on one. I will be traveling with 2 of mygirlfriends on Harmony of the Seas (ocean view balcony room) in May. This isour first cruise on an Oasis class ship. Since it has been 6 years for me and they have never been on a cruise, I know things have changed on the ship and I could use your knowledge. I wanted to know if anyone can providetips for storage in the room and in bathroom. Are there baskets in the bathroomto store your toiletries? I remember reading years ago about bringing a shoepocket holder so you can unpack and store items. Also any ideas for outlets asI remember we can’t bring extension cords and there was not enough to chargephones, tablets and use curling iron/flat iron. Is there a clock/alarm in theroom? If there is something you broughtand found useful or wish you had brought on the cruise, please let me know. Anyinformation is greatly appreciated.

The shoe holder is a good idea. Harmony bathrooms have decent storage but no baskets.

The cabin has outlets and USB ports for charging. Should be plenty. One of the nice things about a new modern ship.

No alarm clock but you can set a wake up call with the phone in the room.

Some simple things we like to bring for convenience are: industrial strength/large clothes pegs to pin your wet swimsuit/coverups onto balcony chairs so they don't blow over (also useful to secure towels on pool chairs), a post-it notepad to post quick notes on mirror if others are sleeping and you want to communicate "popping out for coffee/walk" etc., portable bluetooth speaker to have nice tunes in cabin while getting ready, and we always bring a multiple outlet extension cord as plugs often limited/hard to reach. We also bring coffee tumblers, collapsible reusable water bottles, and a corkscrew (as waiting for room service to deliver one unbearable when you're thirsty!).

The bathrooms don't have a lot of counter space so many women will hang their toiletry bag over the door, there is a medicine cabinet which I will use and I also bring my own hair dryer as the one in the room while alright for short hair isn't as powerful as mine. We will be on the Oasis for the first time next year so can't offer any tips on the ship itself.

Another thing we do is we store the bulky bedspreads and extra blankets/pillows provided (that we do not need) in our suitcases under the bed. This will usually free up a few shelves in the closet.

Many balconies only come equipped with 2 chairs. Ask cabin steward (first day) for extra chair(s) if preferred and space allows. They often accommodate.

We have two different charging docks that we bring. One has 4 USB ports so we can charge 2 phones and 2 tablets at the same time. The other has 3 regular outlets and 2 USB ports, so we can still charge 2 devices but I can also plug in curling iron and use hair dryer. Usually the way the outlets are configured we can't use both at the same time, so we use one or the other, depending on what we need to charge or plug in at any given time. These kinds of devices are easily available on Amazon, stores like Brookstone, or anywhere that sells electronics.

• 4 weeks later...
The shoe holder is a good idea. Harmony bathrooms have decent storage but no baskets.

The cabin has outlets and USB ports for charging. Should be plenty. One of the nice things about a new modern ship.

No alarm clock but you can set a wake up call with the phone in the room.

Thank you for the information. In the cabin area by the mirror, is there at least two outlets to plug up two curling irons at the same time? We are all women and will have different hair curling or straighten tools needed to get ready :).

Some simple things we like to bring for convenience are: industrial strength/large clothes pegs to pin your wet swimsuit/coverups onto balcony chairs so they don't blow over (also useful to secure towels on pool chairs), a post-it notepad to post quick notes on mirror if others are sleeping and you want to communicate "popping out for coffee/walk" etc., portable bluetooth speaker to have nice tunes in cabin while getting ready, and we always bring a multiple outlet extension cord as plugs often limited/hard to reach. We also bring coffee tumblers, collapsible reusable water bottles, and a corkscrew (as waiting for room service to deliver one unbearable when you're thirsty!).

Thank you. I didn't even think about clothespin, post it notes or corkscrew. I will hit the dollar store to see if they have the items. I will add all of these to the list of items to buy and pack.

Thank you for the information. In the cabin area by the mirror, is there at least two outlets to plug up two curling irons at the same time? We are all women and will have different hair curling or straighten tools needed to get ready :).

No outlets in the bathroom at all.

You do your primping at the vanity in the cabin. :)

Two girls on the balcony with a glass of wine.

One girl in the shower.

Rotates to 1st girl on the vanity doing hair/makeup then proceeds to balcony with a glass of wine

2nd girl in the shower

Rotates to vanity hair/make up

3rd girl in shower

Rotation is key. Very easy.:)

Two girls on the balcony with a glass of wine.

One girl in the shower.

Rotates to 1st girl on the vanity doing hair/makeup then proceeds to balcony with a glass of wine

2nd girl in the shower

3rd girl in shower

Rotation is key. Very easy.:)

Then humidity on the balcony wreaks havoc with the hair that's just been done!:eek:

Magnetic hooks, pump moisturizing hand soap, try & choose one shampoo & conditioner to share. Magnetic dry erase sheet with magnetic pen for door to leave notes. Extra wire hangers. We just got off cruise ship a few hours ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Magnetic hooks, pump moisturizing hand soap, try & choose one shampoo & conditioner to share. Magnetic dry erase sheet with magnetic pen for door to leave notes. Extra wire hangers. We just got off cruise ship a few hours ago.

I know this is a silly question, what did you use the magnetic hooks for?

I know this is a silly question, what did you use the magnetic hooks for?

Hang from ceiling for wet bathing suits or tote bags; on wall for hats or bags and to hold paperwork, etc. Also brought the clear over the door shoe holder for toiletries, set sail passes, etc. Tons of room for three.

Hang from ceiling for wet bathing suits or tote bags; on wall for hats or bags and to hold paperwork, etc. Also brought the clear over the door shoe holder for toiletries, set sail passes, etc. Tons of room for three.

I have two containers that I bought at the $ store. They fold up flat and I put them in my suitcase zipper part. They unfold and create storage for little things that can be contained. I use one in bathroom and one on vanity desk. They take up hardly any space in my suitcase and keeps the mess contained. I also use the heavy duty magnets. I use them to hang my swimsuit (or anything) on in the cabin to dry. I also use the hamper from the $ store. It has lasted for several cruises. Put it in the closet and throw dirty clothes in and when it is full I dump all in a garbage bag. I don't want the smell of dirty clothes in my suitcase.

Have read few different threads with people recommending multi-pocket door organisers for toiletries etc....

Just wondering, do you go for the ones with a coat hanger type hook at the top (is there a hook on inside of bathroom door?)..

.. or the over-door type (can the hooks on the top of this type fit over top of bathroom door when its closed?)

Thanks for all the advice

Poor kculater. Such an avalanche of advice! :eek:

You should NOT pack hangers. Your cabin steward will be happy to bring you as many extra hangers as you desire.

Liquid soap is just one more thing that can spill. There will be bars of soap in the bathroom.

Have read few different threads with people recommending multi-pocket door organisers for toiletries etc....

Just wondering, do you go for the ones with a coat hanger type hook at the top (is there a hook on inside of bathroom door?)..

.. or the over-door type (can the hooks on the top of this type fit over top of bathroom door when its closed?)

Thanks for all the advice

If you get the over the door, you may want something to keep it from scratching the door.