Drink prices

artkoll

Just purchased the combo (deluxe package + VOOM on 1 device) for my upcoming May Harmony cruise for $54/day. The internet alone is $14.00/day which brought the value of the drink package to $40/day. That's the price of 3 cocktails! No brainer!

Royal do offer drinks packages as a promo, we get them all the time in the uk.

But they also raise the price of the cruise to counter act the free package.

Not necessarily! On our upcoming Indy cruise, we got the deluxe drinks package free, AND our fare was "buy one, get second half price".

Think i may ask here rather than start another thread on the deluxe package....Just curious if i would have an issue at breakfast ordering a fresh squeezed oj and a specialty coffee at the same time. Or even a specialty coffee and a mimosa or bloody Mary...Or will one need to be ordered at a time? I think someone says it's ok to order water with an alcoholic drink at the bars during the day....Just curious for breakfast time in the MDR or windjammer

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Forums mobile app

Think i may ask here rather than start another thread on the deluxe package....Just curious if i would have an issue at breakfast ordering a fresh squeezed oj and a specialty coffee at the same time. Or even a specialty coffee and a mimosa or bloody Mary...Or will one need to be ordered at a time? I think someone says it's ok to order water with an alcoholic drink at the bars during the day....Just curious for breakfast time in the MDR or windjammer

I think you would probably be OK ordering one alcoholic drink with a specialty coffee or OJ.

We have booked a cruise for December on Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore. Right now the Deluxe drink package is $44/day. I want to wait until closer to the sail date before purchasing it. Do they raise the price the closer to the date of departure, or will this price be there in December? Does anyone know?

We have booked a cruise for December on Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore. Right now the Deluxe drink package is $44/day. I want to wait until closer to the sail date before purchasing it. Do they raise the price the closer to the date of departure, or will this price be there in December? Does anyone know?

Unpredictable.

Better to buy now. You can cancel and reorder if the price goes down.

• 1 month later...

If you are going to drink more than four drinks a day I would take the $44 drink package they offer now and run with it. Doubt you will get a better offer if you wait. At the average cost of $11.80 with tip for most drinks it is very easy to spend much more if you are paying as you go.

• 4 months later...

Are any beverage or drinks are free? Seems like when we cruised many years ago they had a free lemonade/fruit juice dispenser. Any water fountains...etc.

Do you pay for the morning of embarkation in your drink plan?

Edited by Dr.Corona

Are any beverage or drinks are free? Seems like when we cruised many years ago they had a free lemonade/fruit juice dispenser. Any water fountains...etc.

Drinks included in the basic cruise fare: tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, juices at breakfast.

I realize this is a resurrected thread, but could someone please give me a brief synopsis on how the drink package works? DD will have just turned 21 before our next cruise, so I bought her a package. What doesn't the package cover?

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/news-product_19_256722736.pdf

... it includes the Coca-Cola souvenir cup, is this the cup that works in the Freestyle machines?

Yes. The Coca-Cola souvenir cup is the one that works in the Freestyle Machines. You do not need the cup if you order at a Bar or other venue. We usually get back home with our souvenir cups still wrapped in plastic ;p

dp