Greek Isles Cruise-Anyone Want To Guess When The Formal Nights Will Be?

JimmyVWine

This is a bit of an odd itinerary that doesn't seem to lend itself to the usual guidelines as to when Formal Nights will take place. Anyone care to venture a guess? For the most part, it may not matter. But if and when Specialty Dining becomes bookable in advance of the cruise, it would help to know when the Formal Nights will be (in the event that we want to either target or avoid the Specialty Dining options on those nights.) Here is the itinerary.

Saturday: Depart Athens/Piraeus

Sunday: Katakolon/Olympia (9:00-4:00)

Monday: Kotor, Montenegro (tender port) (11:00-8:00)

Tuesday: Sea Day

Wednesday: Mykonos (8:00-9:00)

Thursday: Rhodes (8:00-9:00)

Friday: Khios (tender port) (8:00-5:00)

Saturday: Disembark Athens/Piraeus

Seems like Sunday would be an obvious choice since the "all aboard" time will be mid to late afternoon giving people plenty of time to get all dressed up and give the photographers maximum time for photos. But Monday, Wednesday and Thursday are all days when the port departure times are rather late which make for bad choices for Formal Nights. And Friday is the night before disembarkation, so I assume that is out. That leaves Tuesday as perhaps the other likely option. But is it common for two Formal Nights to be held only one night apart? I suppose there is no reason why they can't do it that way, but I personally have not experienced that. But with probably a million collective cruises among the people on this Board, I am sure that you have seen and done it all. So...any guesses?

Have been on seven night Caribbean cruises with formal on nights 2 & 4 or 3 & 5. If those are the only combination of sea day and earliest sailaway between nights 2 thru 6 Princess does not hesitate to schedule that way. So my guess is 2 & 4 for you too.

Aside: in Katakolon on another line we were able to take ship's tours to Olympia in the morning and a winery in the afternoon; likely not possible with a 4:00 sailaway. Not a high-end winery by any means (most bottles were just 8 to 9 Euro) but the pours were very liberal with excellent charcuterie plates to keep the palate cleansed.