Balcony Lovers

We just got back from sailing on FOS and had a balcony cabin on deck 8. It was out first balcony and it was just DH and I and we loved it. We will be sailing on BOS in April and I'm considering upgrading from a window to a balcony. We are currently on deck 3 and to upgrade it would be $583. To all of you balcony lovers, is it worth it to spend that extra money. They said they could guarantee me a balcony but it could also have an obstructed view. HELP??

You loved it....is that worth the money to you? We won't sail in a non-balcony...I mean, the point of being on the ship (IMO) is to be able to SEE the SEA!...when ever I want!

BTW, NONE of the balconies on BOS have "obstructions" that block your view. Some do have window washing equip. ABOVE your head...you can see it, but it doesn't block views at all!

I actually won the first cruise hubby and I went on. It was supposed to be an ocean view room (just a big round window) but we were surprised to find that we were upgraded to a balcony once we picked the date and ship. Royal Caribbean knew what they were doing because we have chosen balconies ever since and cannot begin to imagine not having one. I don't have to have a suite to be a happy cruiser, but got to have a balcony!!! :D There is nothing like being able to walk outside of your own room in your jammies first thing in the morning and enjoy the view anytime you want. Just watching and hearing the waves is the most relaxing part to me. Cannot wait for May to get here !!! :cool: