CLUE game

sk8rmomof3

Tbh it's not very exciting. The first day was mildly interesting as they gave all the stories of the people. However after that you have to attend certain events to have suspects eliminated. The basically just tell you, no skill involved. One of the events was Bingo, the odd one was Quest which obviously not family friendly. We did not do after the first event. Great idea, not executed well, our child was excited going in to it as well, may want to temper their expectations.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Agree. The first day was interesting, but then it seems a way to get people to bingo because they make you wait until the end of bingo to give you that days clues. HOWEVER, I went to everything and wrote down every clue and solved for the murderer. My daughter copied my answers and actually won the drawing at the end. She won a giant bag of candy and a bottle of champagne. They only include the champagne when the winner is over 21. Because of winning, it was fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Thank you much. Is it heavily advertised on the ship? Maybe the kids won't know it's there and won't want to participate ;) (My kids want the cruise to be a surprise. They know we are going on one, but want no details. They know about Clue from the website but have no clue what cruise line, date, locations, anything......so maybe I can get away with them not knowing of this option if it's a dud......)

I had high hopes for the Clue game. The first show where members of the cruise director's staff dress up and play the parts of the various characters was a lot of fun. But after that, the CD and his staff acted as if the whole thing was a big imposition for them. You had to either attend various shows or watch the morning show to find out which character had been eliminated that day. On the last morning, the Cruise Director forgot to even do the elimination on his morning show. Then, when those of us who were still participating in the game showed up for the big reveal, they kept us waiting over half-an-hour while they sold bingo cards to the bingo game which was supposed to start AFTER the reveal. Well, they started playing bingo, so my husband walked up to the front of the stage, told the bingo caller that folks had been waiting a long time for the Clue reveal and asked him to do it now--which he did. The prize turned out to be less-than-exciting, so I didn't even care that I didn't win.

You might go with the kids to the initial show, but "conveniently" forget to watch the morning show,etc. I'm sure your kids will be having so much fun doing other things that they will soon forget about the Clue game. The CD staff sure does!