Joining 3 or More Balconies Together on Carnival Splendor

CruiseTastic 5

My family has booked 3 balconies, all next door to each other. My hope was to open the partitions between the 3 balconies as a way to connect all 3 staterooms. According the the Carnival rep on the phone, as well as the goccl travel agent website, it is apparently not possible to connect more than 2 consecutive balconies. :( I just can't believe that to be 100% true, though! Every balcony partition I ever see has a keyhole that would allow it to be opened up.

Does anyone have any experience with joining the balconies of 3 or more staterooms? Does anyone know if, despite the fact that it CAN be done, Carnival has a policy in place that prohibits the room stewards from allowing more than 2 balconies in a row to be joined??

Thanks in advance for any insight about this! :)

Not a policy, but a physical difficulty, if not an impossibility. The barriers are on hinges, and fold up against the wall. To make this work, you have to have two rooms that have doors on opposite sides of the rooms, so that the barrier does not block the door when it folds up against the wall. It is even possible to have two side-by-side rooms that are configured so that the barrier cannot be opened.

Probably not explaining this well.

I don't know about the splendor but we had three rooms in a row on the freedom. The steward removed two of the partitions. We had a nice long balcony.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Different class of ship. On Spirit class ships the divider affixes to the balcony rail. Splendor is it's own class since she was built for P&O. Freedom is a Conquest class. Each ship has it's own special little quirks.

Since the Star Princess fire, it has been a regulation that all balcony dividers be able to be opened, to allow firefighters access along the balconies. In addition to the restrictions mentioned about the physical limitations of blocking the balcony doors (each set two cabins are mirror imaged, so you can open the divider between one cabin next to you, but not the other), there is usually a limit set on the number of total dividers allowed open, and the number together allowed open, to limit possible spread of fire. This is typically left to the Captain, and can vary between Captains on the same ship. Also, cabins that are next to each other, but separated by a fire zone boundary (those sliding or folding doors in the hallways) will never be allowed to be opened except for maintenance.

Talk to your room steward on embarking... they can open it. Tips go a long way in this situation!

Ah, I had read that you could contact someone to advise of your request to open the partition prior to sailing since there are only so many partitions they can stow.

Question: How do you request that the partition be removed PRIOR to sailing? Do you need to email someone or go through the TA?

Yes talk to your room steward. But before you get to that point, make sure you book cabins that can be opened side by side. A couple of cabins in my group did this last year on the Magic, but it would only work with a triple and double next to each other.