A Cheers Question or two

Cruise Envy

Sorry gang, no need for popcorn here. :p I am getting Cheers for the first time this summer. First question - does Carnival sell shots of Johnny Walker Blue, and does anyone know how much? One of my friends says I HAVE to try it.

Second, what are some of your favorite drinks? I've never even tried the alchemy bar before, but I want to expand my horizons this trip. I typically do beer or a drink-of-the-day type drink. I know I will be trying more wine at dinner.

Thanks in advance!

I like a Rusty Nail: 1.5 oz Scotch, 0.5 oz Drambuie, lemon twist.

Also Sazarac. rye whiskey, Peychaud's Bitters, sugar, and absinthe, served neat with a lemon-peel twist. If you're on a ship with the Alchemy Bar, they should be able to do that one.

Both of these are quite different from the Drinks of the Day.

Sorry gang, no need for popcorn here. :p I am getting Cheers for the first time this summer. First question - does Carnival sell shots of Johnny Walker Blue, and does anyone know how much? One of my friends says I HAVE to try it.Second, what are some of your favorite drinks? I've never even tried the alchemy bar before, but I want to expand my horizons this trip. I typically do beer or a drink-of-the-day type drink. I know I will be trying more wine at dinner.Thanks in advance!

I thought Johnny Walker Double Black was MUCH better.

I only had the cucumber whatever it is called at Alchemy. Took forever to get it and wasn't that memorable.

I would like to see if I can get a Pisco Sour though. Don't know if they carry that onboard. My wife likes Amaretto Stone Sours.

If they have Pisco, then we can ask for a P I S S and an A S S.

Tiramisu Martini is my FAVE! Have to have one before dinner every night!

Bacardi Banana Colada for out by the pool

Mango Mojito - delish (and I never really liked mojitos before I had this kind).

I've not sailed on a ship with Alchemy yet...going on the Vista in Nov. So we can't wait to try it! :)

Second, what are some of your favorite drinks? I've never even tried the alchemy bar before, but I want to expand my horizons this trip.

Thanks in advance!

Get to know the bartenders at the Alchemy Bar. They are experts at going off menu and making different concoctions. You need to just communicate to them which liquor you like, whether it be vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, etc and then sweet, spicy, fruity, etc. Trial and error will make you come up with a few drinks you'll love. If you don't like what they make, try again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Get to know the bartenders at the Alchemy Bar. They are experts at going off menu and making different concoctions. You need to just communicate to them which liquor you like, whether it be vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, etc and then sweet, spicy, fruity, etc. Trial and error will make you come up with a few drinks you'll love. If you don't like what they make, try again.

Indeed...that is the fun part...getting them to make you off the menu concoctions.

That said, I do love the Perfect Storm, The Quick Fix and the Cucumber Sunrise (substituting Gin for the vodka)

Thanks all! I am looking forward to the freedom to try something new and not waste $$ if I don't like it. I knew you couldn't use Cheers at HMC. Fortunately our cruise is Nassau, Grand Turk and Amber Cove. I doubt I will do much more than break even at best, but I am sure looking forward to not thinking about drink cost!

You'll be fine. Go ashore and enjoy your day at Grand Turk and Amber Cove from say 830-200. This way you can come back on board, grab lunch and enjoy Cheers. I would also just stay on board while in Nassau, which is the second worst port in the Caribbean behind Freeport, IMHO. Even if you don't take my advice and stay in all 3 ports till 500, you still have 7 hours of drinking till midnight to enjoy Cheers.