Cruise Planner Cancellation - Refund to Cancelled Credit Card?

Hello fellow cruisers!

I saw some great deals on the Cruise Planner last night and spontaneously cancelled a few previously booked things (2 Deluxe Drink Packages and 2 Internet Packages) for the new "Sip & Stream" option which saved me quite a few $$$. After I cancelled, I realized that the money is being refunded to a now closed credit card (someone stole my credit card number :mad: so I had to get a new one).

I called RCI and was told they would "try to refund it and that if it didn't work their financial division would be in touch with me". This of course makes me nervous because I know it won't go through - my account number and credit card number were totally changed! :rolleyes: I guess I'm hoping for peace of mind... I hate not being able to fix this immediately.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you in advance!

Hello fellow cruisers!

I saw some great deals on the Cruise Planner last night and spontaneously cancelled a few previously booked things (2 Deluxe Drink Packages and 2 Internet Packages) for the new "Sip & Stream" option which saved me quite a few $$$. After I cancelled, I realized that the money is being refunded to a now closed credit card (someone stole my credit card number :mad: so I had to get a new one).

I called RCI and was told they would "try to refund it and that if it didn't work their financial division would be in touch with me". This of course makes me nervous because I know it won't go through - my account number and credit card number were totally changed! :rolleyes: I guess I'm hoping for peace of mind... I hate not being able to fix this immediately.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you in advance!

Call your credit card company. Since you still kept a card with them (just a different account number) they maybe able to allow the refund and transfer it to the new card.

If you just got a new credit card number from the same company that had your old credit card, then they should be able to forward the credit to the new number.

If you don't have a card with the original company, then it could take a while to get resolved. I read about this happening to someone else, and they eventually had to get a check from RC, which took months.

Once again, you guys and gals amaze me! Thank you for your speedy responses and advice. Duh! I didn't even think to call the bank. :o

I did what you all suggested and called the bank since I do still have a card with them under a new number. They also said that I would receive the refund on my new card automatically. Phew! Now I can go back to just being excited about everything again. ;p

THANK YOU!!!

Once again, you guys and gals amaze me! Thank you for your speedy responses and advice. Duh! I didn't even think to call the bank. :o

I did what you all suggested and called the bank since I do still have a card with them under a new number. They also said that I would receive the refund on my new card automatically. Phew! Now I can go back to just being excited about everything again. ;p

THANK YOU!!!

Good news!:)