certified Jamaican blue mountain in falmouth?

miyanc

I am not needing a history lesson on the process. I will be in falmouth on my next cruise and will be looking to get some 100% certified jamaican blue mountain coffee for me and my brother. I know there is high and low and certified blue and blends. I want the real deal. I am not prepared to drive clear to the other side of the island to get it and although we may do the dunne river falls, we will not be extending farther then the area near the port and the places the excursion goes to.

Having said that anyone know of places to look in these areas. I have read a few posts but only vague answers like "near the port where the ship was docked". Now that may be enough to get it, I would still feel better knowing the name and or location of the store. My ship may not dock at the same spot or the place you went to 3 years ago may move or close.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not needing a history lesson on the process. I will be in falmouth on my next cruise and will be looking to get some 100% certified jamaican blue mountain coffee for me and my brother. I know there is high and low and certified blue and blends. I want the real deal. I am not prepared to drive clear to the other side of the island to get it and although we may do the dunne river falls, we will not be extending farther then the area near the port and the places the excursion goes to.

Having said that anyone know of places to look in these areas. I have read a few posts but only vague answers like "near the port where the ship was docked". Now that may be enough to get it, I would still feel better knowing the name and or location of the store. My ship may not dock at the same spot or the place you went to 3 years ago may move or close.

Contact

http://jablumcoffee.com/contact-us/

They will direct you to an official outlet.

• 2 weeks later...
Contact

http://jablumcoffee.com/contact-us/

They will direct you to an official outlet.

So is it not sold directly at the port? Was hoping to pick up some there and I'm fairly certain I saw the coffee IN the shops at the port last time we were there but may not have been the 100% version but I at least remember seeing the coffee in general there. Wanted to pick up some too while we are there but I don't want to leave the port.

DW brought some back from Falmouth last year. It was in a burlap bag and she bought in in the local gift shop at the cruise port. While it said Jamaican Blue Mountain I don't think it said 100% Certified by the Coffee Industry Board of Jamaica. It may have been grown on or near Blue Mountain. High growth may NOT certified. It was good but not stellar. I've been told that the little burlap bags are marketing ploys and the real stuff doesn't come that way. DW just ask for JBM and took what the guy handed her.

Look for one of 4 estates--Mavis Banks, Silver Hill, Moy Hill or govt. station at Wallenford--to be sure you are getting "true" BM coffee. Be prepared to pay a lot if its the real thing.

Also, Mavis Banks does sell via the internet so if you google Mavis Banks Jamaican coffee, you might contact them and see where they sell it in Falmouth. I'd be surprised if it's sold on the pier. Probably in a local supermarket. But most of the beans harvested are exported and beyond the price range of locals.

In Falmouth, you can either buy Jablum from their store (right in the port area) or another company's Blue Mountain coffee from many of the stores there (still within the port area). We just came back from the Harmony of the Seas, expect to pay $30 per pound for non-Jablum and more for Jablum...

In Falmouth, you can either buy Jablum from their store (right in the port area) or another company's Blue Mountain coffee from many of the stores there (still within the port area). We just came back from the Harmony of the Seas, expect to pay $30 per pound for non-Jablum and more for Jablum...

What's the name of the JaBlum store in Falmouth. Since Jablum is a variety of coffee and there are 4 estates certified Jablum...and all sell/export their own coffees, wasn't aware of a cooperative type store selling from all 4 estates. But if that is the case, or if it's just one of the estates, with a store, that would be a better place to go to ensure you're getting the real thing.