Chankanaab Park

Matlily

I am reading bad reviews on the carnival excursion which is an all inclusive day with sea lion show and snorkelling, were really there for the snorkelling, I hear the snorking is pretty good there??

Hearing the restaurant where you have to get your food and drinks is a trek away from the beach and activities. cost is approx $84 per person, is it worth just taking a taking and playing the $21 to get in to the park and winging on the local snack bars to get a refreshment, anyone know any costs?

Does anyone know how much the taxi would be for two people from pier to there and back?

Thank you in advance for any responses..

I don't think it is worth it just to snorkel. You can snorkel at Money Bar for free and restaurant/waiter service is right there steps from ocean. Sit oceanfront under an umbrella, too.

Chankanaab is nice, if you are doing other things there and have young kids, etc.

Been to Chankanaab twice and just took a taxi there both times instead of excursion. Pack your own snorkel gear if you can. Compared to other snorkel locations in the Caribbean, this one isn't that great, but the park is nice as is the lagoon and food/beverage prices are typical of the area (I don't recall what we spent on that).

Taxi was something in the ballpark of $14 total for 4 people.