Queen Victoria Baltics Cruise in Q5 Queens Grill Suite

4ever_cruisin

Looking to book a Q5 on Queen Victoria for a cruise around the Baltics in August. Would love to hear from anyone who has possibly sailed in 5189 / 5190 - corner AFT suite. How was the suite / the weather/seas in that area in August / was there a lack of shelter on balcony?

Looking to book a Q5 on Queen Victoria for a cruise around the Baltics in August. Would love to hear from anyone who has possibly sailed in 5189 / 5190 - corner AFT suite. How was the suite / the weather/seas in that area in August / was there a lack of shelter on balcony?

5189 is a fantastic cabin. One of our favourites. Stayed twice before we changed to mid ships. We have friends who were in 5190 and that was a mirror image. Both our trips were to the Fjords and we did catch some rocking at one point but as reasonable sailors, nothing which upset us.

We stayed in 4189 too but that was just before QV went in for a pod repair and so our judgement on 4189 is forever connected to the vibrations from pre repaired dodgy pods.

At the moment, part of the balcony is overlooked but that never bothered us at all and there is some shelter. However, QV's wonderful stern profile is going to change in May when she goes in for a 'spot' of remodelling when one of the new features will be a few more cabins added and thus making her stern appear more or less like her sister, Elizabeth.

I have not been in a deck five stern cabin on Elizabeth but I have a deck seven stern and there was some shelter, sadly, the balcony being nothing like the deck seven terrace on Victoria at the moment.

If you are thinking about it, all I can say is the Q5's on five are wonderful.

Hi Victoria2,

Thanks for your reply. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind: I noticed you mention you changed to mid-ship after sailing twice in that cabin - which one have you found better? Also, never having sailed on the Elizabeth I wonder if you would elaborate on whether the changed stern after the remodelling will alter 5189/5190 or it's balcony at all? Having only been on the QM2 I am not familiar with how the stern looks on both Elizabeth and Victoria - what is the main difference between the two sterns? And one last question : where can I read the info on the upcoming remodelling of Victoria? Thank you for sharing your knowledge - much appreciated.

Hi Victoria2,

Thanks for your reply. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind: I noticed you mention you changed to mid-ship after sailing twice in that cabin - which one have you found better? Also, never having sailed on the Elizabeth I wonder if you would elaborate on whether the changed stern after the remodelling will alter 5189/5190 or it's balcony at all? Having only been on the QM2 I am not familiar with how the stern looks on both Elizabeth and Victoria - what is the main difference between the two sterns? And one last question : where can I read the info on the upcoming remodelling of Victoria? Thank you for sharing your knowledge - much appreciated.

We moved to a midships cabin for convenience to stairway B which has direct lift access to deck eleven and no other reason.

I wish I could help you with definitive information on any changes to the Q5s after May but I'm afraid I can't. All I can tell you, is in the printed brochure to May '17, the photographs of the cabins are the same for Victoria and Elizabeth but there is an asterisked note referring to the layout diagram to the effect 'The balcony is representative of a Queens Suite on Queen Victoria, those on Queen Elizabeth differ.'

If you download the pdfs for the two ships [both pre and post refit for QV] and look post May '17 on Victoria, you will see the beautiful, recognisable raked stern has gone and she will resemble her sister more. However on the deck plans, it doesn't look an exact copy so how that will affect the stern cabins is anyone's guess. My only experience of a stern cabin on Elizabeth is one on deck seven so I can't help with any information on the Q5s there.

My thoughts, for what they're worth is the interiors of QV and QE stern cabins will probably be very similar [if not the same] judging by present brochure photographs but looking at the deck plans it does seem as if the stern balconies on the post refit QV will be deeper than those enjoyed on QE so I'm afraid I wouldn't like to hazard a guess on the balcony depth.

Sorry I couldn't be of any real help.