Drink Bucket List (not a Bucket of Drinks list)

Specially_K

There are some good drinks on the list but just like any vacation I would for the most part stick to what you normally consume and only try different ones on occasion.

There are a lot of premix and sugary drinks on the list that will make you feel a little crappy the next day.

When you get on board you check out the drink lists you will know for the most part what your going to like or not by the ingredients .

Plus there has been all this posted on here for the last 3 or 4 years all the folks that came over to NCL from CCL and RC get all giddy over the fact of the UBP for free instead of paying for it

. In actuality I would not cruise NCL if I had to pay for it they charge way more than anyone else.

I tried a few new ones last trip, Honey Lemonade, Grass Clippings.

Both were very good.

janymac

Hubby had the Honey lemonade on BA two years ago. Now that is his #1 drink. I buy lots of JD Honey and Wild Turkey Honey Sting. He loves it.

Here's a great list with photos and ingredients.

http://grantmkt.net/Escape/NCL_UBP_FAV_DRINKS.pdf

That is a great list!!

Yes there's a lot of sugar in these drinks but you're on holiday! Having a few a day won't hurt just drink water in between and walk the stairs[emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a friend recently on the Escape and was told they no longer can make the Cagney's Speakeasy because they can no longer get one of the ingredients. Has anyone else had a Speakeasy recently?, it really is may favorite drink on NCL.

I had one in January at Cagney's. I don't think it was on the menu - I ordered it because I'd read about it online. My waiter seemed unsure when I ordered it, but he came out with a drink that looked like what I was expecting. So... I ordered a Speakeasy and got a drink, but I hadn't had it before so nothing to compare to.

So I've seen a lot of comments in discussions that the drink package allows you to sample cocktails that you wouldn't normally try. I like that.

Any suggestions of some drinks to try?

Obviously there are the specialty drinks on the menus... but perhaps some others as well.

Share your favorites! :cool:

I have been monitoring the boards for a while and based on the responses I put together the attached list. Hope it helps.

Escape Cocktails.docx

All thanks go to CardFanDubG.

Here's the thread it was in:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52090991#post52090991

I'm the original thread starter and here's my latest copy of the NCL UBP FAV DRINKS LIST. It's just 3 short pages printed landscape.

Print, board ship and enjoy...

NCL UBP FAV DRINKS.xls

I had one in January at Cagney's. I don't think it was on the menu - I ordered it because I'd read about it online. My waiter seemed unsure when I ordered it, but he came out with a drink that looked like what I was expecting. So... I ordered a Speakeasy and got a drink, but I hadn't had it before so nothing to compare to.

Thanks, I will see if Dawn still has it in about 17 days :-)

I'm the original thread starter and here's my latest copy of the NCL UBP FAV DRINKS LIST. It's just 3 short pages printed landscape.

Print, board ship and enjoy...

Thanks for the new list. Much better for printing but still like looking at the photo list.

Enjoy your next cruise. Ours is in August. First time for an August cruise with family. Should be interesting. The UBP should come in handy!

Thanks for the new list. Much better for printing but still like looking at the photo list.

Enjoy your next cruise. Ours is in August. First time for an August cruise with family. Should be interesting. The UBP should come in handy!

Yep understood pics are always nice to look at and Card Fan did a nice job on that one.

Quick note: IMO some of the bartenders get a little put off when you whip out a long list of drinks with pictures and may push back a little bit and/or deny some of the recipe requests. They really don't care about the pics as all they really want to know is "what ingredients do I need to make this drink and how much?" I printed both lists of course my own and Card Fan's.

Result is that I kept the long list with pictures in my lounge chair and brought my spreadsheet list to the bar when ordering. Never had any bartender turn me down for any of the drinks on the list UNLESS they didn't have the particular "spirit" or "liquer" at that particular bar. In which case you can just try one of the other larger bars on board like the atrium or MIXX bar on Escape.

Good luck and beat that list up!! :)

Yep understood pics are always nice to look at and Card Fan did a nice job on that one.

Quick note: IMO some of the bartenders get a little put off when you whip out a long list of drinks with pictures and may push back a little bit and/or deny some of the recipe requests. They really don't care about the pics as all they really want to know is "what ingredients do I need to make this drink and how much?" I printed both lists of course my own and Card Fan's.

Result is that I kept the long list with pictures in my lounge chair and brought my spreadsheet list to the bar when ordering. Never had any bartender turn me down for any of the drinks on the list UNLESS they didn't have the particular "spirit" or "liquer" at that particular bar. In which case you can just try one of the other larger bars on board like the atrium or MIXX bar on Escape.

Good luck and beat that list up!! :)

Warm-Water Diver, I agree the 2 lists together make great resources. Great excuse to experiment.

• 4 weeks later...
Fireball Ginger Ale. A shot of fireball whiskey in a glass of ginger ale [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is Fireball on all of the ships? I have never ever tasted it? :o

I am told it is cinnamon is that right?

If so I would love it? I love Cinnamon! This sounds good love ginger ale too!

We don't have Fireball here I don't think..

what is it?