Question about NCL SPIRIT, Large Picture Window Cabin

Ron & Kristy

Hi,

We will be on deck 5 in a window cabin. We have sailed NCL many times but except for the first time we have always done balconies. I have been told that these cabins don't have coffee makers! Someone I have met on the roll call has offered me theirs. Does anyone think that will be a problem, me borrowing their coffee maker? Also do the window cabins have a refrigerator? I never thought about any of this when booking our Med cruise. The price was so expensive that we decided to lower the price by booking a window instead of a balcony. Thanks to anyone who can offer first-hand information. :)

Hi,

We will be on deck 5 in a window cabin. We have sailed NCL many times but except for the first time we have always done balconies. I have been told that these cabins don't have coffee makers! Someone I have met on the roll call has offered me theirs. Does anyone think that will be a problem, me borrowing their coffee maker? Also do the window cabins have a refrigerator? I never thought about any of this when booking our Med cruise. The price was so expensive that we decided to lower the price by booking a window instead of a balcony. Thanks to anyone who can offer first-hand information. :)

i can not answer about coffee maker or refrigerator because when we were on her years ago the balconies didn't even have them. Be careful with choosing location. If your cabin is far forward you will here the waves crashing into the front of the ship. It sounds like a sledge hammer on metal in rough weather.

Thank you for the input but as you can see from my signature, I'm not new to cruising. :) I never book forward cabins. We are more mid to aft. My concern is regarding the coffee maker and whether there is a refrigerator since we normally book a balcony cabin and those cabins have the amenities.

We were on Spirit in April of 2011, large picture window 6050 and 6052. Loved the rooms and location, no issue with motion, we did the western Caribean out of Nola. In 2011 there were o coffee makers and no refrigerators in the cabins. At that time NCL allowed drinks onboard and we actually had a cooler in the cabin that the steward would keep filled with ice.

We were on Spirit in April of 2011, large picture window 6050 and 6052. Loved the rooms and location, no issue with motion, we did the western Caribean out of Nola. In 2011 there were o coffee makers and no refrigerators in the cabins. At that time NCL allowed drinks onboard and we actually had a cooler in the cabin that the steward would keep filled with ice.

No refrigerators....oh crud! Maybe when they refurbished the ship in 2014 they added them. I will keep hoping because not having a refrigerator will be a huge issue. I drink a lot of water and I don't like ice in it but I do want it cold. Thanks for the info. Hoping to hear from someone who cruised recently.

NCL website says OV rooms do have fridges.

Room Details

• Hair Dryer
  • Safety Deposit Box
  • Telephone
  • Television
  • Forward Section
  • Port Side
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Refrigerator
  • Clothes Line in Bathroom
  • Pier forward
  • Shower
  • Pullman Bed
  • Picture Window

view less

Oh thank you so much. We looked and didn't find this information regarding the refrigerators. I'm still wondering if me borrowing a coffee maker from someone in a balcony cabin will be an issue. lol

We have just returned from our cruise on Spirit in cabin 5522. Like the poster we usually book a balcony but as this was a cheeky extra hols opted for a picture window. It was super, spacious and well appointed. No coffee maker though! We had a fridge which we didn't use but it was there, in the shape of a min bar! We were slightly more forward than we usually choose , I don't know what I was thinking really! It was fine in the main but we had some choppy water and we certainly felt it! However the cabin was fab we loved it