Ever met a celebrity on a cruise?

SkidRow

Here's one with a tie in to Southwest Airlines!

I met Billy Bob Thornton in the Nashville Airport as he was flying from Louisiana to Nashville to do some recordings with his band. He had just finished making Monster's Ball (great movie!) in Louisiana with Halle Berry.

He was with two assistants. At the time, he was married to Angelina Jolie and he REALLY had on that vial of her blood! He wore big rings and had on a tank top and you could see all of his tattoos. I think his is so totally cool and cute! Anyway, we shook hands and chatted for a while. I wanted to offer him a ride to wherever he was going, but my husband said I was nuts. Anyway, he and his two cohorts walked all the way thru the airport talking to us until we parted ways at the exit.

He gave me a chocolate Tootsie Roll pop because he had a big bag of them. He said that he hates flying and eats them to calm his nerves. It's been reported how he has all these phobias and flying is one of them. He said it's true. He was skinnier in person that what I thought, but was as tall as me (5' 9") I still have that Tootsie Roll pop. I know a lot of people think he's freaky, but I don't.

Billy Bob is very nice, congenial, and engaging.

SeaBreezy

By the way, I think I saw Paris get off the plane, too! :)

We had the pleasure of sailing with the former Gov. McGreevey, his then wife and young daughter. She was about 8 months old. They were in the suite next to us. This particular cruise was a special occasion - we had booked it as birthday present for our mother's 80th birthday. Jim and his family were very gracious allowing us to take pictures with them and making my mom feel special. She returned the favor by point blank asking him - so Gov. McGreevey when are the rebates checks coming - This week? Next week? He replied very calmly, oh they will be in the mail around the 18th of the next month. Oh good, she replied. I need the money to go to AC next month.

On the same trip we saw Alex Trebek going into his suite. We asked if we could get his picture and he replied, I rather not - I am on vacation. Sorry.

I was on a business cruise (NCL Dawn) in May. Carl Ripkin Jr. was a featured speaker. Also, though not a celebrity, one of the special forces guys from the real life Black Hawk Down incident was a speaker.

Carl Ripkin's stock motivation speech was totally lame. The special forces guy was inspiring.

We had the pleasure of sailing with the former Gov. McGreevey, his then wife and young daughter. She was about 8 months old. They were in the suite next to us. This particular cruise was a special occasion - we had booked it as birthday present for our mother's 80th birthday. Jim and his family were very gracious allowing us to take pictures with them and making my mom feel special. She returned the favor by point blank asking him - so Gov. McGreevey when are the rebates checks coming - This week? Next week? He replied very calmly, oh they will be in the mail around the 18th of the next month. Oh good, she replied. I need the money to go to AC next month. .

I thought perhaps your Mother was going to ask Jim another uncomfortable question!

You all geared up for Enchantment?!

I thought perhaps your Mother was going to ask Jim another uncomfortable question!

Yeah - what's with Mom? The "pithy" question remains. We can only hope the next cruiser (so to speak) isn't as "reserved." Enquiring minds want to know (or maybe not) and Ms. Motelsix and Dalai would certainly be interested.

Ok, here I am on the ship and the Govenor recognized me first. I play in a popular band in NJ and have played at many of his functions he had for his town prior to becoming Govenor and also performed as some of his fundraising parties when he was running for Govenor. So after we kibitz for a while, I am all excited to introduce him to my 80 year old, blind, politcally unattached, bingo playing, AC gambling, never met anyone famous or anything mother, and the first words out of her mouth - were not Hi, nice to meet you Govenor, lovely family, thanks for joining us for lunch.. noooooo... she just goes straight to - where is my rebate check? If you don't think that is embarrasing enough...

You have to remember this was almost 4 years ago, he and his wife were inseparable and NOBODY knew he was going to come "out". Not that that's a bad thing. (aka Seinfeldism) We found him to be one of the nicest, personable people we have met on a ship - other than Mark and Kathy from lovely Chappaqua.

Hey Trina - not only are we geared up, we are PACKED!! Have 2 bottle of 18 yr old Glen ready and waiting for the first toast. Judy even picked out a gown for the formal night....NOT!

yeah, it is going to be tough to forego the freestyle life ... i'd better start inventorying my gowns as well.

18 y o Glen - awesome! got your smuggling strategies all worked out?!

:)

Archived