Gem's 10 day cruise from NYC for 4/8/17 disappeard from everywhere....

Tatka

As we were watching a price for a 10dayer on Gem we checked NCL page as well as many other agents' pages daily. Today it completely disappeared from NCL site and while we can still see it on other sites message is "Error Sorry, there are no available fares or categories for this sailing."

Yesterday there were many cabins available in all categories. What do you think couldh've happened?

I am not sure what you consider "many" cabins, but the sailing right before that one only has a few cabins left.

Perhaps a group has booked, or maybe they are blocking off cabins for a TA - who knows.

Our sailing date is March 19th, and it goes from having a couple of categories available, to showing as sold out, and then back to having cabins available from day to day.

I keep checking because I have a balcony guaranty and still have not been assigned a cabin even though it shows all balcony cabins are sold out (and have been for at least a couple of weeks).

Yes, but something happened. Yesterday there were many cabins available in all categories. Something happened overnight.

It is not a cheap week. About $500 more for insides than on previous one because of Easter.

My husband called NCL and they at first said that it's sold out, but then that it doesn't look like it's sold out.

Hopefully they are adjusting prices to lower. :)

It probably sold out. My 14 night cruise to Norway, Iceland and British isles went from what seemed to be tons of cabins available to sold out status in December, 2016 for a September, 2017 cruise. A few suites here and there pop back into the system as cancellations occur and then disappear /are booked within a day. I was worried that it was chartered but it just sold out. I've since learned that just because many cabins are showing available doesn't mean there's that many actually empty cabins because of GT cabins that may not be assigned yet. Seems NCL is doing a fantastic job selling out on popular sailings. My PCC said to watch for additional cabins to pop back in the system around final payment if we want to add an extra cabin.

Sorry. I was also shocked when my cruise sold out almost a year in advance. Popular sailings sell out sometimes that far ahead of time. When I had my PCC look into the fact the cruise went from tons available to sold out overnight he got back to me and said the cruise was actually oversold by six cabins. So even though people will be canceling their cruises prior to final payment, there's a list of GT cabins that take the cancellations. I know airlines do the same thing and sometimes the airlines and cruise companies have to offer incentives for people to cancel if their predictions on cancellations are off. The airlines do it at the gate and the cruise lines do it by contacting customers prior to sailing. One never knows which sailings are going to be popular so the last few cruises we've taken we booked as far out as possible and then watch for price drops. I was also wondering if my ship had a partial charter and can't find anything. All the similar sailings for 2017 Jade sold really well. I was very thankful I decided to bite the bullet and book the Haven suite I wanted this time instead of gambling for a last minute upsell.

We found an agent who was able to book us on this cruise even though NCL could not!!!

And yes most of cabins were sold out.

We almost changed our minds and booked Star out of Venice. I guess ... next time. :)

In some reason prepaid gratuity were a requirement, but it doesn't make any difference for a sailing this close.

:D

I am not sure what you consider "many" cabins, but the sailing right before that one only has a few cabins left.

Perhaps a group has booked, or maybe they are blocking off cabins for a TA - who knows.

Our sailing date is March 19th, and it goes from having a couple of categories available, to showing as sold out, and then back to having cabins available from day to day.

I keep checking because I have a balcony guaranty and still have not been assigned a cabin even though it shows all balcony cabins are sold out (and have been for at least a couple of weeks).

We are also on 3/19 sailing and got our cabin assignment today.