NCL Dawn- What do I need to know?

acmommy16

Not having sailed NCL for some time, what are the need to know items for this ship?

For example, Carnival has a Dr. Seuss breakfast. Does the Dawn have anything like this?

Are there any can't miss items on this ship? Any secret locations?

Any help would be much appreciated!

I do think that the OP was looking for specific answers to specific questions without having to troll through over 500 posts

OP never asked specific questions and in fact asked for very subjective feedback.... I see nothing wrong with providing the link with over 500 posts that may answer a ton more questions than the OP may have thought of... one I would recommend reading is TheDougOut's review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2426171&highlight=dawn

OP never asked specific questions . I see nothing wrong with providing the link with over 500 posts that may answer a ton more questions than the OP may have thought of.

My post was directed to Triptolemus but I thank you for taking time to involve yourself in this matter. You are very kind.:*. The specific questions by the way were:

What are the need to know items for this ship?

For example, Carnival has a Dr. Seuss breakfast. Does the Dawn have anything like this?

Are there any can't miss items on this ship? Any secret locations?

I was on the Dawn last month in an inside cabin. Can't remember the cabin wall material, but:

1) There is a built-in hair dryer on the vanity outside of the bathroom

2) Body gel and shampoo dispensers in the shower

dh and I were on the 1/22 sailing out of New Orleans. I think like any other cruise, it depends on what you're looking for. I personally thought the Dawn was kind of "plain Jane". It doesn't have any of the bells and whistles you would find on the newer ships.

I really liked the bathrooms. There were 2 glass partitions, one separating the toilet/vanity and the other separating the shower/vanity. Yes, there is plenty of shampoo/body wash. A little thin, so you will have to use a lot of it.

The Dawn seemed to be cracking down on chair hogs. There was a sign that said any items left on a chair for longer than 30 minutes would be removed.

You'll notice my frowny face next to the Dawn on my signature. There were several reasons that dh and I didn't like, but that's just us. The biggest reason is because on the first day when we hit very, VERY rough seas (almost 20' swells with gale force winds) that lasted for 18 hours, which I know happens, I think it would have been nice for someone to let us know when things might calm down, give or take an hour. The same thing happened on the Majesty, but they at least gave us a guesstimate when we might be out of the storm.

The crew was wonderful. They might be able to tell you about some well-kept secrets.

Personally I would like to sail it again when the seas aren't so bad. Have a great time.

Edited by Lady Patriot