Does Royal do anything special on Christmas day or new years eve?

Christmas Eve there is caroling and midnight Mass; Christmas Day is pretty normal with "Christmas Dinner" being served. But, there are decorations in many places and Christmas music on most decks as well. Haven't done New Years yet.

Ho Ho Claus has a picture event, and gives out very cheap toys and candy canes to all the kids. the special menu is also that day and its.. well.. better than eating at a Golden Corral Buffet.....

the entire ship will be gorgeously decorated.

we had a pax led Caroling event where they practiced several times prior and then wandered the Promenade singing. there was also a Catholic Priest on board who offered daily mass, Midnight Mass and a Christmas morning service

On a Radiance cruise a few years back, Santa & Mrs. Claus happened to be resting on a nearby island after delivering all those toys. So they paid us a visit. They arrived on a "water sleigh" which was hoisted up to the promenade deck where they were greeted by elves playing Jingle Bells. They paraded around the ship & then went & sat in the Centrum where they talked to the kids. They handed out RC blankets to all the younger kids & yoga mats to the older ones. It was great. I remember hearing the announcement that they'd be arriving in a water sleigh, so I figured out that the promenade deck is where they'd have to arrive. Not too many people knew that, so it wasn't crowded at all. As they paraded around, the crowd picked up. Santa was also in the terminal before the cruise to talk to the kids.

Sailed for Christmas the last 2 years

Decorations around the ship

Caroling on Christmas Eve

A event for the kids with Santa that includes a small present

Usually a picture event with Santa - one year we had Mrs Clause the other we did not

Most of the crew wearing Santa hats

Christmas dinner menu

Religous service at midnight both years (and each am during the trip). The officiant in both cases appeared to be a guest. In one case he was catholic; not sure about the other

Sent from my VS987 using Forums mobile app

New Year's Eve is usually a formal night. On some ships they will sell tables on the Promenade for the midnight celebration. I think the Oasis class ships sell space on the Rising Tide Bar.

What kind of celebration do they have that they would sell tables?

How much are the tables? Is there a parade? Can you give more details? Thanks

This is something that is not always the same, so you will have to wait until you are onboard for details.

How much are the tables? Is there a parade? Can you give more details? Thanks

We were on the Adventure this past new year- no parade- way, way to crowded. It's live music for a few hours through the new year celebration.

The table makes sure you have space- and a place to sit. And a bottle of bubbly. IIRC, it was $110 pp. But I can't recall.

It was a total blast! One HUGE party.

We were on Harmony for Christmas.

Carolling Christmas Eve

Several services. Midnight mass, morning mass, a non denominational service.

Santa arrived by zip line and took the abyss to the boardwalk

Presents for all kids under 18, my kids got RC beach towels.

They were handing out eggnog and hot chocolate

Turkey dinner with the trimmings

Christmas was formal night

Activities staff dressed as elves, very festive.

Lots of decorations

I have the daily, I'll see if I can upload it from my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk