No food for trip home?

skrapngal

Gee....Aunt Bee always gave Andy a "sack of sandwiches" for the road

Memories...

When I was hiking in the Appalachians,

and I was really hungry, someone offered me a peanut butter sandwich.

It was one of the most wonderful meals of my life!

Edited by $hip$hape

Will be getting off Anthem on March 12 and boarding a bus for a 12 hour ride back to Atlantic Canada. I've packed some ziploc bags and stretch wrap thinking of picking up a wrap or a sandwich at Cafe Two270 on the eve of disembarkation to cut some costs on the way home.

Just read in one thread that it wouldn't be allowed? I know that dogs at Customs/Border patrol in Bayonne smell luggage, but do they smell your backpack?

I'm sorry, but I HAVE to ask, WHY? Cut costs? Ten bucks? I don't get it, and neither does anyone else who has posted here. I guess flying was not an option for you, which could get you home in a couple of hours, and they do serve peanuts and a drink. A 12 hour bus trip? It takes me 20 hours give or take from New York State, and your bio seems like you are farther north. Inquiring minds......here on CC

I am curious if the OP is on a chartered bus from New York back to "Atlantic Canada"?

I am in the business, and it is no longer possible to take a scheduled bus between the two, directly via New England.

Now it is only possible by first going due north to Montreal, and then east with additional transfers....overall more than 24 hours....:confused: